Chapter 52

Ten's POV

"You should tell her," Yangyang randomly says, barging into my room and flopping on the bed next to me.

I furrow my eyebrows at his sudden statement. "Tell... what? To who?"

"To Yeona," he responds. "Come on, we all know that you like her."

"I-" I start, then realize that there's probably no point in denying it. Winwin denied it with Chunmei, Taeyong denied it with Chaemin, and look where they are now. "Okay, and so what if I like her?"

He smiles, looking impressed with himself. "I mean, after she jumped into the Haeyoung operation, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen afterwards, right?"

I tilt my head to the side, thinking for a moment. Okay, he's right. If someone helps us get rid of an evil sasaeng, they're definitely trustworthy of getting close to us. But like... Is it time yet?

I turn towards our maknae. Alright, I can't believe that I'm actually trusting him with my love life, but I guess he sort of deserves it, seeing that he was technically the one who made Yeona and I meet. As annoying as Yangyang can get, I think I really see him as a fun younger brother... Wait, this isn't confess-my-thoughts-on-everyone time.

"Okay, but seriously, you're pretty obvious. Xiaojun and I have had countless conversations about this over the past two weeks and I'm basically here on behalf of the whole group-"

"What?" I ask. "Wait, it's really that obvious?"

He nods, his hair bouncing. "Of course. You literally just admitted it, in case you didn't notice. But you literally stare at her with heart eyes whenever I see the two of you together-"

"Okay, I get it," I cut him off, not needing to hear any more of his rambling. "Sure, I'll do it."

"Alright then, have fun. The sooner the better!" our maknae responds, bouncing out of the room just as quickly as he came in. Wow, so he really just came to tell me to confess to Yeona, and now he's gone, just like that. Nice.

I think for a moment. Yeona is coming over later today... Honestly, I agree with Yangyang. I think that we're going to launch into comeback season in a few months and I sort of want to spend time with Yeona before things get too hectic.

I think I'm gonna do it.

With a glance at the time, I suddenly realize that she's going to be here in a few minutes. Well, I didn't really plan for that, but I'll just go with the flow. That's how I operate, and that's how I'm going to deliver the confession.

Kun gives me a look as I pass him, as if he knows something. For now, I ignore it, going to take my place at the door.

A few minutes later, Yeona and I are in my room, watching the three cat "children" play, as she put it. I turn my head towards the side to look at her, but don't expect to see her doing the same thing. And I also don't expect us to be so close.

I stare into her eyes for a moment, and before I know it, I'm pulling her closer to me, placing my lips on hers.

Time stops for a moment, and then I'm melting into the kiss. It's as if we were made for each other, our lips fitting together perfectly. It's a feeling that I can't explain in words. "Perfect" would be an understatement.

We finally pull away from one another, needing to breathe. I suddenly realize that she might not have wanted that, making me rush to apologize, hoping it fixes things. "Wait, I'm-"

I'm cut off by her reattaching her lips to mine. I smile into the kiss. I'm not sure if this is really happening right now, but if it is, I must be the luckiest man on Earth.

We pull away again. My face is definitely tinted pink, but Yeona's is too. I take a deep breath, still unable to believe that just happened.

"So uh... Yeah, I like you," I finally confess, my eyes meeting hers again.

"Yeah, I like you too," she responds.

I look down for a moment before remembering what I wanted to ask. "So... Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

A smile blooms across her face, sending my stomach into flutters. Her response is the one I've been waiting for this whole time, even if I wouldn't admit it to myself.

"Sure."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AS;DKFLJAS;DLFKJASD;LKF AHHHHHHHHHHHH

also I tried to portray Ten in the way that he actually is *ahem confident* but idk if I did it right-

Thanks for reading!