Chapter 20

Ten's POV

Well... This is embarrassing, isn't it?

I really just went through this whole struggle trying to find my cats... And they were inside the whole time. I don't even know what to say. How on earth did we manage to miss them?

I can't help but wonder where they were in the dorm. Last time I checked, the whole dorm was practically being turned upside down by the members. Were they really unable to find two felines?

Well, all of this aside, I still can't believe that I did this whole thing for nothing. For goodness sake, I was actually so worried that I wouldn't find them again. This whole struggle has been pretty risky, and it was all unnecessary...

First, I literally revealed my identity to Yeona. I, a famous Kpop idol, went off and showed myself to Yeona. This shouldn't be too big of a deal, considering that she's almost definitely not an NCTzen, but there's always that little risk, right?

These were really awkward circumstances to meet under, too. Who asks their neighbor, someone they just met, to meet them outside to help them find cats? It's obviously not something that the typical human would do.

In other words, I really just pulled my new friend outside to help me look for my cats and went through a whole stage of panic and fear when they were inside the whole time. Great.

All in all, that was an awkward reason for our first meetup. Yeah, I'm embarrassed.

Yeona's voice pulls me out of my thoughts. "So uh..."

I direct my gaze towards her. Now that I'm finally done worrying about whether or not my cats are in danger, I can actually focus on talking to Yeona. She's still staring up at Luna, who seems to be fascinated by the two of us.

Although I've caught a glimpse of Yeona's face through the window before, it's nicer to see her close up. Not gonna lie, Yeona is kinda pretty. I mean, she looks okay. I mean, she looks nice-

I mentally tell myself to look away before she turns back and this becomes awkward. What is wrong with me?

"Well... I guess they were inside the whole time," I laugh, repeating my previous statement. "And I guess we've met up now."

I cringe at my words, which are mentally hurting me. Why am I so awkward right now? I'm usually more outgoing than this...

Then again, I don't usually talk to normal people like this. I might just think that I'm an outgoing person because I only hang around WayV and NCT, as well as the SM staff. Oh, and I talk to our NCTzens through lives, but that's quite different.

Anyways, it's a pretty rigid group of people that I socialize with, so that's probably the cause of my awkwardness.

"Yeah, I guess so," she responds. Look at us, being awkward together. "Anyways... What now?"

"Uh, I guess now that Louis and Leon have been found, we're... done?" I respond uncertainly. Do I say that, or do I invite her to do something together? Nah, that would be way too fast.

"Yeah, I guess so," Yeona replies.

I send her a smile. "Thanks for helping for something so out of the ordinary like this, even if they were in my apartment the whole time."

She laughs, a lighthearted noise that makes me smile even more. "You're fine. Anyways, I'm glad that Louis and Leon are alright. Talk to you later!" With a wave, she pivots and heads back towards the entrance of her building.

"Bye!" I wave, watching as she disappears into her building.

I stay where I am for another moment or two, processing everything that just happened. I'm starting to miss her presence already... Wow, something weird really is going on with me.

I half wish that I had made up an excuse to stay together longer, but it is what it is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oiii more development-

Thanks for reading!