Chapter 40

Ten's POV

I... I think today is the day.

I know that Yeona and I have only been talking for like a week, but I have a feeling that bad things are going to happen if I don't get over being a coward.

I mean, nothing bad has happened with Haeyoung yet, but it's only a matter of time before she either hears about us from someone or flat out goes on a whole expedition to figure out which apartment we live in.

Sure, I'd much prefer to get to know Yeona even better, but I need to stop procrastinating and get down to business.

On top of all of this, I just remembered that our break ends in a week. If I don't ask now, we might run out of time to solve this issue.

Yeona's coming over to our apartment today, so I guess it'll be a good time to tell her. If I need backup to help me explain, I can always call on one of the members. I have no idea what Yeona's reaction to this revelation is going to be, but hopefully, she won't feel upset or betrayed.

I mean, I'm going to have to explain that we've been kpop idols this whole time, not a random group of friends living together. And that we need her help getting rid of a sasaeng.

I stand behind our door, my eye up against the peephole. A second later, the elevator chimes and Yeona comes walking down the hallway with Luna in her crate.

I swing open the door, allowing her to enter the apartment. We go through a one-minute process of exchanging greetings, letting Luna out to play with Louis and Leon.

Giving my decision one last thought, I confirm that it's the right thing to do. "So, Yeona, I have something to explain to you."

"Yeah?" she responds, turning away from the cats and towards me.

Before I know it, a question has slipped out of my mouth. "Do you know what kpop idols are?" I mentally laugh at myself, knowing that it was a dumb question. It was the best way to start our conversation, okay?

"Yeah, I know what they are," she responds cluelessly. "Why?"

I nod, glad that she has an idea of what we are. "So uh..." It takes me a second to get the words out of my mouth, but it happens. "Basically, my friends and I are part of a kpop boy group and Chunmei is our manager."

There we go. It's out. Now we wait for Yeona's reaction.

She turns towards me, eyes wide. "Wait, actually? You're not joking, right?"

"Yeah, I'm serious," I respond. "I don't know if you've ever heard of us, but the seven of us make up the group WayV, which is a subunit of the larger group NCT."

I observe her as well as I can. It seems like she's going through a stage of surprise, and then disbelief, and then confusion, and then realization. I'm no physiological expert, especially on someone who has such good emotional control, but she doesn't seem to be too upset.

The rest of WayV has somehow gathered at a distance, as if they want to listen in and be there for emotional support, but don't want to interrupt.

"So... I assume that Tae isn't your real name," Yeona finally says. She turns around, looking at WayV, and adds, "And you all aren't named the interesting names you told me to call you."

I nod, feeling slightly guilty. "My name is actually Chittaphon Leechaiyapornkul."

"Chitta-what?" she asks.

I laugh. "Chittaphon Leechaiyapornkul. You'll learn it someday, but you can call me Ten for now. Here, I'll let the rest of WayV introduce themselves."

"Um, I'm Kun, not Kai."
"And you can call me Hendery instead of Dongkei, even though I kind of liked that name."
"I'm Yangyang, but I'm still the YoungYoung-est."
"And I'm Xiaojun, even though part of my initials are DJ."
"By the way, I'm Winwin, not Wonwon."
"You can call me Lucas instead of Luke. Actually, both are fine."

"Is there a reason for you to tell me this, by the way?" Yeona asks after absorbing the information. Of course, she's a logical type of person who believes there's a reason behind everything.

"Uh, yeah. I just wanted to let you know, but also... we need to ask for your help."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

now she knows~

Thanks for reading!