Chapter 24

Ten's POV

Yeona's apartment is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Okay, I'm exaggerating. Maybe not the most beautiful one, but it's definitely high up on my list.

Seriously though, the taste. It's basic, but comfortable and natural at the same time. It feels like I've walked straight into a home decor video. Oh, and it's clean. Very, very clean.

Luna is absolutely adorable, too. She seems to like me quite a bit, if I do say so myself. It might be because I smell like Louis and Leon or something, but I'm going to pretend that she actually likes me.

Surprisingly, the cat hasn't run back to her perch at the window just yet, even though I'm pretty sure Louis and Leon are still there. I want to see how long her attention span is.

"Alright, let's start training her," I suggest, sitting on the sofa and putting my hands down towards the floor. Luna comes running right to me, sniffing them. I laugh at the feeling of her nose brushing against my hand.

"Okay, she really likes you," Yeona laughs, watching as Luna "Hmmm, what do we teach her first?"

I consider this for a moment, then respond, "We could teach her 'paw'."

Yeona considers this for a moment, then nods. "Sure. By the way, she hasn't had much experience with tricks and training, so uh... it might be sort of challenging to teach her."

"That's fine," I laugh, staring into Luna's eyes. I want to pick her up and give her a hug, but that would be too spontaneous, so I refrain from doing so. "Does she have a favorite treat flavor or something?"

"Uh, I think she's a pretty big fan of the chicken," Yeona responds, gesturing towards one of the bags on the table. 

I nod, rolling up my sleeves and turning my attention back to the feline in front of me. "Okay, so you just kinda say 'paw' and take one of her paws, then give her the treat," I explain.

Then I demonstrate the action, holding my hand out and gently taking one of Luna's paws. To my surprise, she's fairly cooperative and doesn't yank her paw away. After holding it for a second, I give her a treat and praise her.

Yeona carefully watches the whole process, as if mentally taking notes. "Wow, so I just do that a few times a day? It looks pretty easy."

"Luna is such a cooperative cat, so it is pretty simple," I laugh. "Yeah, just do it a few times a day, and soon she should start voluntarily putting her paw in your hand."

Yeona nods, tsking to get her cat's attention. "Paw." She mimics my previous actions, taking Luna's paw in her hand and shaking it a little, then praising her and giving her a treat.

As if we've agreed to take turns, we spend the next couple of minutes repeating the process until we've gone through it about ten times. I can tell that Luna is improving really quickly, which brings me quite a bit of joy.

"Alright, let's stop before she starts getting too greedy for treats," Yeona suggests. I also notice that Luna has started trying to make the "trick" process faster so we can get to the "treat" part.

"Yeah, that would be a good idea," I laugh, sealing the bag and placing it back on the coffee table. "Hmmm, what do you want to do now?"

"Do you want to just chill and talk for a while?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading!