xxxi.

I found my aunt in Will's bedroom while I walked passed in. She was sitting on his bed with a picture of him in her hands as tears slid down her face. It hurt seeing my aunt so crushed and I knew that crushing feeling for Mat. I don't know how I was being so strong right now with holding in all the anger, pain, and worthless feelings in me because I couldn't protect her. She wasn't in the room when it all happened but she was alone. I hadn't noticed her leaving when I should.

With nothing but I shirt on my back, jeans around my waist, and boots on I sneaked out the house. Alpha Lincoln had put up some rules where we can't stay out past ten o'clock so I had to sneak around town so no one would catch me.

I went behind the grocery store, seeing Nate hasn't made it yet. I sat down on the bench waiting for him to show up. My head tilt back as I closed my eyes and bit my lower lip. How was I suppose to do this? I grew up knowing killing was a wildish thing and that I only should do it like as if a human as a reasons. I'm not wild, I can't just go up to someone and kill them. A wild would have no problem but we're tamed and have a better understanding to the world.

I don't know how my family, Alpha in Massachusetts, and Alpha Lincoln will all react to this. I know it won't be a good one and it's gonna cost me everything I'm sure.

“Hey.” Nate said, coming around the building and over towards me. He arched his eyebrow, “Why do you look so sick?”

I got up, “I'm not—just nervous.”

He brought his hand up and smacked me across the face. My face was forced the right and my eyes widen, “Well quiet it. This is Mat we're talking about, Killian. You should be able to face fear with no problems.”

“Maybe we should just go talk to Alpha Lincoln and he'll do something. I'm sure of it since they must also have Melinda so—”,

“No. Killian, you need to grow up.” he said coldly. “You are not a child anymore so here's the thing—this is a perfect world with the pack like you grew up believing. There are true monsters in the world and the wild rogues are one of them. We're wasting time here when at any moment they could kill or if they had already.”

“Stop it.” I said, bring my hands up to my ears not wanting to hear this.

He moved my hands, “Killian, I know you're scared. You have to face it man and realize the pack isn't strong enough to protect us all. We blended with humans and now we're weak. You have to wolf up and find your true inner wolf. Mat needs you, Killian. What are you going to do when we learn they're all dead.”

“Please don't ask me that.” I said.

He pushed me, “Come on, answer me. You think they're treating them like special guest or something?” He kept pushing me back until my back hit the wall, “Some soulmate you are.”

My teeth bared as my eyes went yellow, “Shut up. Alpha Lincoln may be some asshole but he's still the Alpha—"

“Dude, do I really need to hit you again?” he asked, breathing out heavily. “Mat would be very ashamed right now—”

I pushed him back and he wrapped his arm around my neck, pulling me down. I brought my elbow back roughly and tackled him to the ground. We began hitting each other and he pressed his finger against my eyes. I cried out and let go of him as I got up, “I'm trying my best! The pack is all I known!” I said, rubbing my eyes. “How can I just suddenly think of them so horribly? It's been drilled into my mind that the pack is not just your pack but your family. If we return and Alpha Lincoln kicks us out—Mat and I have no where to go. Massachusetts won't let us in. We'll live as rogues and have a hard time surviving.”