xvii.

I felt someone crawl on my bed, which is what woke me up but my eyes didn’t open until something heavy was thrown on me. I groaned, opening my eyes to see a little three year old devil with curly hair and cricked teeth smiling down at me. I glared at him, “Shiloh!” I yelled and he laughed hard, getting off me before running out of my room. “You little monster!”

I sat up on the bed, bring my hand up to my forehead and yawned loudly. My stomach growled pretty loudly and my stomach felt empty. I got back home late last night, around one A.M and now I have to go to school. The town fair is at five, so at least that was something to look forward to.

I got up from the bed and lazily walked out of the room. I held my hand against the wall, supporting myself. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself. Jeez, I was a mess in the morning.

After getting myself ready—I had no time to brush my hair, so I just threw it up in a bun—and went downstairs. My evil little nephew was sitting at the table and Zoe gave me a friendly good morning. It was so much harder getting use to my new surroundings and new people. It happened so quickly and I haven’t really had a good conversation with Zoe. She seemed friendly and Shiloh was an over powder energy ball in a little boy body.

“I made breakfast!” Zoe happily cheered.

I paused mid-way into the dining room and turned, “Oh. Nah, I’m good—wait,” I said as a smell hit my nose and my mouth watered real badly. I walked into the kitchen quickly and saw some smoked ham on a plate. I don’t know why it looked like the most delicious thing in the world, but not thinking I went over and picked it up with my finger. I quickly ate all the pieces of ham, not thinking about anything but how hungry I suddenly was!

Disappointed when there was no more left, I went over to the fridge to grab some lunch meat but I found something better. I stared down at the bowl with raw steaks seasoned up. I picked up the bowl and not thinking about the red raw meat—I ate a piece of raw piece of meat. My eyes widen as my teeth sunk into the meat. It was so good! I rip off some with my teeth and chewed quickly. It was so good and I ripped off another chunk.

Devin walked in and his eyes widen. He snatched the bowl from me, “Hey! That’s for tonight dinner.”

I reached out to take it back, but he placed his hand on my shoulder, “Gimme me!” I cried out. “Devin! I’m hungry.”

“I can clearly see, you ate all the ham as well.” he said. “I know you’re hungry, Mat. It’s normal to feel very hungry when your first shift is coming up. If you wanted, you could eat a horse.”

“Then gimme me!” I whined, looking at the delicious raw meat with wide eyes. I whimpered, “I need it! I’m hungry, like really bad.”

“To bad.” he said. “Even, you still have a whole piece in your hand. I’ll make you a smooth, it’ll fill you up.”

“Screw smoothie, I want meat.” I said, lunging for the bowl but he pushed me away. I fell back on my ass and I glared up at him coldly.

“No, you can’t everything in the fridge. Too bad, to sad.” he said, grinning. “Down, Omega."

I breathed heavily out my nose, “Don’t call me that!”

Killian

I had my arm around Mat’s shoulders, holding her close to me as we and the others hung outside the school since we didn’t feel like going in right now. Will and a young boy name Andrew were wrestling around since Andrew was trying to act all tough. Will made a little comment and it pissed Andrew off. Will found it amusing and they both start messing around.

Will grabbed Andrew by his chest and pressed him down against his car, “Are you relaxed, Drew?”

Andrew held his hands up, “Alright, I give. Sorry.”