xxxii.

We were lost.

We ran all the way towards a cliff with a lake at the bottom. I slowled down as we started to get to the peak and I turned into my human skin. I pressed my hands against my knees as I took deep breaths as I stared down at since behind all the trees miles away I can see lights. It's almost there, we're not stopping and we're not stopping for directions.

I looked at the six wolves who stayed behind with me and they nodded. I stood and ran towards the end of the peak and jumped off the cliff. The other followed behind me as they turned into humans and when the ice cold water hit me it woke me up by sending chill through my body. I swam up to the top of the lake and gasped for air. I looked around as the others came up, making sure they were all right before swimming towards land.

When I got there, I crawled on land on my hands and knees. We were all exhausted, beaten, hungry, and tired. I laid down on the ground, taking this sweet bliss of silence for awhile and the others didn't agrue with me because they understood.

"Thank you." Jaycob—the man who killed Ramses father—littlest brother said. "I. . .thank you very much. I never knew what Jaycob did. I was only six years old when he became Alpha. Jaycob would," he said, looking away, "he would give me to them, I know he would. He blames me for our mother death and always thought I was trouble. He would say he was doing it for the pack, that we all have to make sacifices." He looked up at me, "You don't even know me and you didn't give me to them."

"Because I know it's wrong. I wasn't gonna let you just go back." I said. I opened my mouth to speak but I smelt something in the air. I sat up quickly and sniffed the air when I smelt the foul smell again like someone needed a bath real badly. Soon they started to smell it and we looked at the top of the cliff peak. Aydin and a few other wolves growled at us from the top.

"U-uh, lets go!" I said as I forced my jiggly legs up and they all followed as we ran towards the lights that looked like a town.

Killian

Clyde and Sofia had their ways of getting information. Ways I didn't agree but it sure did work. They had to beat some stuff out of other rogues and we finally learned where we were suppose to go. We made it to Tennessee and we made sure out sense were very alert to catch any scent. It took us more than a day but finally we found their scent lingering around.

"So you three know it's dangerous to piss off a rogue—it more dangerous to piss off a wild rogue." Clyde said as he looked around. "We stick together, no one leaves so we'll protect each other. If they see one of us alone they'll attack."

I watched Clyde allot and realized how much Mat was like him actually. He was actually a good leader and very smart man. Sofia has a temper but Clyde was Alpha smart. He knew how to lead us into where we should go. No wonder he was gonna become Alpha of Washington.

Nate hit my arm, "Hey, you okay? You look kind of sick, dude."

I nodded, "Yeah. We're very close and I'm getting anixous. We don't know what to expect."

Sofia came over, "I expected to hold my daughter in my arms." she said, looking at me fully. We heard a cracking sound and we all turned our heads to the right. We heard a crying noise and soon a girl appeared. She had red hair with freckles all over her face and she hadn't noticed us. Sofia growled and ran over towards her. We tired to stop her but we finally smelt her to. We ran behind her to stop Sofia but she was quick to run over towards the girl who saw her and fell back screaming. Sofia lifted her up and started sniffing her, "You're wild."

The girl kept screaming and Sofia put her hand over her mouth.

"Where's your group?" she asked. The girl bit down in her hand and Sofia cried in pain as she pushed the little girl down on the ground. I shook my head and leaned down, helping the little girl to sit up and she came close to me, baring her teeth at the woman. Sofia growled back and her eyes turned amber and sapphire. The girl whimpered and covered her face in my chest.