xix.

Killian and I looked into each other eyes and awkwardness filled the air. We stayed like that for a few moments before I groaned, looking away, “It’s to awkward just staring at each other, Killian.”

“That’s because you won’t stay still. You need to relax and then just focus on your scenery. You’re anxious about tomorrow, so you need to calm yourself down.” he said.

I sat down cross legged and looked at him, “I could never stay still, even as a child. I was a very hyper child and just staring at each other to ‘relax’ isn’t helping. I need something else to help with me being anxious.”

He grinned, leaning over. He wrapped his hand behind my neck as he kissed me, pulling me back until my back hit the ground. I smiled as we kissed, wrapping my hands around his neck. He lowered his mouth towards my neck and I could feel my face heating up as I looked up at the gray dull autumn skies. I could feel Killian hand go up to my jacket, tugging it lower off my arms and his mouth moved down towards my shoulders since I swore a tank top under the jacket.

He brought his mouth up to mine and I brought my hand up to his strong jawline, pressing my mouth closer to his. I could feel the stumbles on his cheeks. Most of wolves—pack members or rogue—had stumbles, faded beards, or full on beards. I always thought men with facial hair were always much more attractive. I could feel Killian hot breath on mine and I pressed my body closer to his.

He suddenly lifted himself up and I opened my eyes, embarrassed but he wasn’t looking down at me. He was looking forwards towards the woods as if he was looking for something with golden eyes and bared teeth. I propped myself up on my elbows and turned my head to see what he was looking but I didn’t see anyone.

“Killian?” I questioned as I looked at him.

He looked at me, “Nate was spying on us.”

“Nate?” I asked. He nodded, lifting himself off me as his eyes stayed gold. He held his hand down for me and when my hand came into his, he quickly and swiftly lifted me up. I stared back out in the empty woods, “Kid is really weird. Stalker. How long was he there?”

“Not long, just a few seconds.” he said. He blinked a few times, his gold eyes turning back to their beautiful blue color. He looked at me, brushing off some dead leaves.

I brought my jacket back up over my shoulders and pushed him, “Tag! You’re it!” I yelled before turning and ran away but I only got a few feet away before he tackled me to the ground. I breathed heavily out my nose, turning my head to glare at him, “Isn’t fare, you know.”

“Try when you become an adult.” he said as we sat up and I turned around. He reached out, taking a curl in his hand, “Most beautiful she-wolf is about show her true self tomorrow.”

I grinned at him, playfully shoving him by his shoulders, “How sweet.”

*

I was coming back home real late so I tried my best to sneak in quietly without waking up anyone. Devin was up though, waiting on the recliner. I arched my eyebrow as he stood up and walked over towards me, “Don’t you have to be up in three hours—ow! Devin!”

He grabbed me from behind the neck and brought me over towards the couch. He made me sit down and I glared up at him when he took his hand away. I opened my mouth, about to curse him out but he spoke as he lowered to my level, “Where were you, young lady?”

I stared at him amazed before scoffing, “What? Who do you think you are!” I cried angrily. “Last I checked, I’m not living back at Wings Hope anymore so I don’t need rules. Especially rules from you—ow! Ow! Ow!” I whined when he grabbed my ear and pulled it a little. “Alright! Alright!” I hissed as I swatted his hands away.