x.

Mat

I couldn't take my eyes off Killian as he paced back and forth, tugging at the collar of his flannel shirt as he sweat, “Why is it so hot?” he asked and his father who looked just like Killian walked over to him. He quickly unbutton shirt and took it off.

“It's starting.” his father said. “You blood is changing, it's heating up.”

“So it really is this bad.” Killian said and I finally looked away.

“I wouldn't pay too much attention, it makes you nervous.” Devin said and I scoffed.

“Why do I have to be here?” I asked him.

“Close pack member stick together. You go to school with Killian, it'll be more supportive having his friend’s around.” he said. “We all go through the change slowly, it's not that bad—it's worse. His bones will start moving and cracking to re-shape to fit his new body.”

“That's comforting.” I sarcastically said as he smirked.

“It only hurts the first time, once all the bones are fit with his new body, he can change every night without being in pain. You'll actually want to change, the need is strong.” he said.

''I don't—I feel very human, Devin. Like nothing has changed.'' I said.

''Nothing about you should change Mat, even after your birthday. You'll just have something connected to your soul.'' he said.

Killian

Oh, my God. Oh, my God can someone make this stop? I questioned myself as I paced, sweat rolling down my face. It was forty degrees out, but it felt like a humid summer night.

My dad gave me a water bottle and I chugged it down. He and my mom made it this morning for today, but ever since I woke up, this nauseated feeling in my stomach wouldn't go away. Everything I eat, I would puke it up.

''Hey, hey you're doing fine Killian.'' my dad said, grabbing my face and made me look at him. ''The moon almost in its direction, no more ten minutes. You can do it.''

''Dad—dad, I should tell you something. When I change, I . . . I . . .''

''Yes Killian?" he questioned.

I might run over to a girl who's my mate, so prepare to have a pissed off Alpha, I thought, but a ball formed my throat and I just shook my head, ''N-nothing, it can wait actually.''

''Okay,'' he said. ''Lets get you jeans off, they cost me a good penny for you.''

When I got them off, Will came over to me and put his hands on my shoulders, ''You'll be fine, cuz.'' he said, playfully slapping my face.

''Will, you gotta make sure I run into the woods.'' I said.

''Trust me, jeez.'' he chuckled. ''I don't need to see Alpha Lincoln angry, it's not pretty.''

Mat

''I don't know if I want to yet.'' I said to Devin who brought up me moving in. ''Even, I'm sure it's not going to be easy. You'll just walk in and say what? You're my brother and you have the rights? They won't believe you.''

''No offense, but I heard things about you and they probably wouldn't hesitate to get rid of you.'' he said and I gave him a 'whatever' look. ''Alpha Lincoln can make anything happen, Mat. With a snap of his fingers, you can live with me. Zoe said it'll be excited to move close to the Alpha family. She has no problem with it, she's excited to meet you.''