xxxiv.

Killian fell asleep after a few hours. I pushed his dark curls backs and stared at him for awhile. I leaned over and kissed his forehead. I lead my head down on his chest and put my arm around his waist. I laid there for awhile, falling asleep myself until I felt this heavy pressure on my forehead and around my eyes. My eyes burned and even without a mirror I knew this turned amber and sapphire.

I groaned and sat up. My head usually never hurts like this when they turn that color. I knew there had to be a reason and curiousity took over. I got up from the bed and walked over to the window in the room. I pulled the curtian aside and even in the night I could see someone on the outskirt of the woods.

A familiar face looked up at me from the window. I pressed my hand against the window as if I was gonna reach out to touch my mom but the window was in the way. She waved at me like she was telling me to follow her before she turned and ran into the woods. The heavy pressure went away and I closed my eyes, groaning quietly. My eyes felt fine again and I saw my reflection in the window. They were back to hazel.

I turned to look at Killian and swallowed the lump in my throat. I walked over and kissed his forehead again before quickly—sneakingly—out the house. I went out threw the back since the living room was filled with sleeping wolves who were waiting for families and Alphas to arrive to talk about everything. Rooms were filled and I knew it was allot on Alpha Dixon.

I ran towards the woods and when I stepped in I tried to find her. I looked around but I didn't see her. Was I imaging it? No, I'm not going crazy after everything. Right? I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. I smelt something that smelt like Los Angeles. Los Angeles wolves—mostly the rogues—have this smell that they smell like beer, clorox, or burnt wood. This smelt burnt wood and I ran forward. I jumped over a few logs and something other things that got in my way.

Something ran behind me and I stopped as my eyes went gold. I turned but nothing was there. There was a tap on my shoulder. I gasped as I quickly turned around and Sofia smiled at me. Her eyes blazed amber and sapphire. Someone stepped behind her and Clyde was there. I was surprised to see Nate was also here.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“We came with Killian and Devin. They had to go ahead and they couldn't tell you we were with so no one knows.” she said.

This odor formed the air and sniffed a few times. I looked behind Clyde and my eyes widen when I saw a familiar redhead hiding behind him.

“Aeriela!” I said pretty loudly before covering my mouth. I stepped back, “Why is she with you?” I asked coldly. “She is Ramses niece! You two are gonna be in a lot of trouble if he finds her with y'all!”

“Oh yeah. Hi, Matilda.” Sofia sarcastically said. “I'm so glad you're okay and alive. I'm was so worried about you and thanks for the big hug!”

I stared at her for a moment before giving her a hug. She wrapped her arms around me tightly and I did the same. I didn't hug her the last time we saw each other and it felt kind of—well, not awkward. I didn't care how long it seemed we were hugging each other since it felt nice. I was to shy the last time to hug her so I wasn't gonna hold back now with seeing what it felt like to be held by her.

She pulled away and smiled down at her, “My brave little girl.”

“Who clearly didn't need us.” Clyde said, grinning down at me. I grinned, hugging him and he held tightly onto me. We broke the hug after a moment and grabbed a strain of short curly hair, “You're a little fighter, aren't you?”

I shrugged, “I always thought I should have been born a boy then a girl.” In the corner of my eyes I saw Aeriela and I turned to look at her, “Why is she with you?” I asked Clyde and Sofia. “Ramses gonna kill if they knew you have you—”