xv.

“Hey.” we heard a voice and Killian was ripped away from me. I quickly sat up, looking up at Clyde. Killian breathed heavily out his nose as he broke free from Clyde grasp and gave him a hard look. “Wipe that look off your face, pup. That’s my daughter.”

I scoffed, getting up from the ground and wiping the grass and dirt off my jeans, “Don’t say that. That was totally uncalled for.”

“Oh Mat,” Devin said, coming over towards me with a cold look on his face. I crossed my arms over my face, pursed my lips, and turned my head away from him. “Hey you little brat, look at me.” he said, taking my arm. “I drove all the way here to get your ass, you should show me a little more gratitude.”

I snorted as I looked up at him, “Gratitude? I never asked you to.”

“I’m saving you from making a stupid mistake. You’re coming back whether you like it or not.” he said. “Now that you have seen how wolves live when they’re not in pack—has that taught you that it’s better to be in one than not in one?”

I shrugged, holding my hands up, “Hey, it’s not too different from living in a group home.”

Clyde stepped in, “That’s why you try and make your life better, Matilda.”

“Stop calling me that. It’s weird.” I said. “Makes me sound that little girl who can move things with her mind. It’s Mat.”

He rolled his eyes and looked at Devin, “Devin, please take your sister back home.”

“No!” I yelled, snatching my arm away from Devin and stepped away from them. “I came here for a reason and I refuse to leave without doing it.”

“You couldn’t have just asked me to bring you?” Devin asked, breathing heavily out his nose. “You know how stupid you are?”

I grinned, giving him an amused look, “I’ve been told once or twice.” My looked turned cold, “Even, I wasn’t planning on coming back.”

“And now?” Killian said. I looked at him, biting my lower lip. I put my hands on my waist, making my head fall back as I groaned.

“Who the hell are you?” Clyde asked, sounding annoyed as he looked at Killian. “She is supposed to be with William Bloodworth, not some punk.”

Clyde gave him a hard look, “Killian Arkwright, my father the Beta of Massachusetts. And I’m Wills cousin.”

“Okay, still doesn’t explain why you came here and started kissing her. She is Oath to be with Will—“

“I’m not a toy to be taken by just anyone.” I said coldly. “I’ll choose who I want to be with.”

“And we’re mates.” Killian said boldly, giving Clyde a hard look.

“Liar—“

“Ancestors come from the Mahian tribe?” he asked. Clyde shrugged, “So was mine. Native Americans runs in all three of us. So that means—“

Clyde rolled his eyes, “Which means it’s more luckily to happen.”

“Can we get back to the point?” Devin asked. “Mat needs to come back to Marchand. I’ve already made a plan to say she was just nervous and scared, but she had called us to come look for her and bring her back. You will become respectful towards Alpha Lincoln and join the pack.”

“Lincoln and his prissy daughter can go fall in a ditch.” I said, snorting.

“Oh god, she’s like her mother.” Clyde said, making me give him a hard look.