iv.

"Such bullshit!" I said as I walked down the street with Killian behind me calmly with his hands in his pockets.

"You're cute angry.'' he said and I groaned.

"Why are you following? Leave me alone, Killian!" I said, running my hands these my hair as looked both way to cross the street. I had left school and I'm sure Mrs. Summer will be pissed but it's not like it was my first time skipping school. I couldn't stay there though after—I'm forever going to call it a rape kiss. He kissed me when I didn't want it—and trying to tell me I'm a wolf! A wolf!!

"Oh come on Mat, its true.'' he chuckled. ''Wolves were the first before humans, but sadly we're a dying race. It's great to find a new member, though I'm still confused on why you're living in an orphanage.''

''Shut up Killian, gosh!" I said, running across the street and when I got to be other side, an arm was thrown around my waist. I pushed him away, ''Don't touch me.'' I said, running away, hoping he'll get the picture but he laughed, running to catch me.

He ran in front of me and put his hands on my waist, not letting me go, ''Not a good idea to run from wolves Mat, they will always chase you. God, you're beautiful.'' he said, cupping my face in his hands and kissed me.

I pushed at his chest, getting angry he wouldn't let me go so before I could stop and tell myself to stop, I bit his bottom lip. He made a yelp sounds and let go of me, chuckling as he brought his hand up to his mouth.

"You're crazy Killian, go back to the mental hospital in Boston.'' I said. "I'm not a wolf, I always knew Marco group was a bunch of nuts. Your cousin Will the most.''

He put his hands on my waist again, but pushed me back against a building. He grinned as his brought his face near mine, ''I'm now not regretting coming here anymore. I can't believe I found you. It hardly happens, we're special Mat.''

''Let me go, Killian .'' I all but growled go at him.

''My turn eighteen this week, my first change. All wolves change the second the moon is up in the north. You need to be there, Mat, with me. I want you to see.'' he said, pressing his forehead against mine and I winced as I froze, feeling weird as he brought his nose to my hair, kissing the side of it, and inhaled deeply. ''You use vanilla shampoo, don't you? It smells so good.''

''Ugh!" I groaned, totally freaked out. ''Killian, let go of me and you can keep your lips. You don't, I'll hurt you.''

He chuckled as he moved his head and looked at me with those baby blue eyes with gold outlines, "You're cute while making threats. I don't have some pathetic girl, but a strong one.''

''I'm not your 'girl'.'' I coldly said.

''You're my girl, my only girl.'' he said. ''I can see the world in your eyes, Mat. You were different as a child, right? You act like a wolf with that temper of yours.''

''If wolves were real, why don't we know about them huh?'' I asked.

''There was a time when people did, but over 700 hundred years ago humans were getting smarter than us. They learned how to kill us, lowering our numbers. We went into hiding for a while and came back when we felt safe.'' he said, bring his hand up to my face and brushed my cheek with the back of his hand. ''Now we blend in like humans.'' he snorted. ''But we stick to our packs where we can feel like ourselves.''

''Nice little story Killian, but I still don't believe you.'' I said.

''Then why do you feel a connection towards me? Don't say you don't, because you know you do.'' he said.

''My mother abandon me, left me in a park alone at three months old!" I said and he frowned. ''Why would she do that? Why would she leave me here alone if I'm supposed to be a wolf? I'm to turn eighteen in less than a month. A month Killian!"