viii.

Will grabbed Killian as he came in and put an arm around is shoulders, ''Oh, my God.'' Will said, bring his hand up to his mouth as he looked away for a moment. ''Is that true?" he asked Lincoln.

''Yes.'' Lincoln said. ''If you remember correctly, Clyde Vaughn was Beta before your father. He took the job when Clyde left. Both your fathers agreed you two would be a perfect match.''

''I need to go.'' I said, holding my stomach since I felt like puking. It's one thing to pretty much make an arrange marriage, but a whole other thing when its Will! I can't stand Will! He's like the gum under your shoes.

''Come over tomorrow night. We're throwing you and Devin a party.'' Lincoln smiled at me and I just looked at him for a moment before turning around and quickly got out of there!

I ran down the stairs and Blue raised an eyebrow, ''I wanna go home.''

Killian

Alpha Lincoln walked over towards me and closed the door. Will pressed himself against the wall and looked pretty much in shock still. Alpha Lincoln walked over to his chair, ''Do you like Matilda?" he asked.

I cleared my throat, ''Sir, I have to tell you something--''

''I don't wanna hear it.'' he said, is voice getting hard. ''You will not embarrass my daughter again like that. You here for her, not Matilda. Thank you for bring her back, but stay out of it now.''

''But Sir, she's—''

''She belongs to Will.'' he said and my hands balled into tight fist. ''And Will belongs to her. Follow your role in this pack. Will, be happy. I know this is a surprise.''

''I thought the Beta of Kansas daughter would be her, she's going to be eighteen in a few months.'' he said. ''Emma and I—we already we've been talking.''

''Forget it.'' he said. ''You're already with Matilda, you'll be with her. Follow the pack rules.''

''Alpha Lincoln, I really think—''

''Enough Killian!" Alpha Lincoln said and if I was a wolf, my tail would be between my legs. His eyes glowed a neon gold color, his Alpha status showing. ''I want you to go back to my daughter and forget Matilda.''

''But. . .'' he gave me a look and I glared at my cousin before walking out the room and walked down the hallways, hearing them.

''I know it's surprise Will, but get to know Matilda. You could be surprise how much you'll like her.'' he said calmly to Will and I leaned against the wall, my forehead pressed against the wall. My body was filled with anger and I just wanted to punch, kick, and tear something.

*

Will walked into his house, ''Dad!" he yelled and continued until he found his parents in the kitchen. ''Matilda Vaughn?" he yelled. ''You never decided to tell me?"

His father got up from the table, scratching his beard, ''We thought it would be best. You could have went to her a while ago and drag her back in to early.''

''You should have at least warned me I was already paired!" he yelled. ''Now I have to explain to Emma why it's off.''

''No you won't.'' his father growled. ''If words gets out Matilda back before she joins, you'll be putting her life in danger. You will stay quiet about it for now.''

''This isn't fair.'' Will said.

''What isn't fair is our kind is dying and you’re being selfish because of some girl you met once. Matilda has Vaughn and Redblood blood in her. Her mother father was Alpha of Texas. A really strong pack, you should be happy. She's a strong girl, she'll be a great wife.''