xxxiii.

Killian

Nate spoke after we gone ahead of Clyde and Sofia with Devin “Do you think it was a good idea they brought her along?” he asked.

“No.” Devin said snorting. “Girl is wild and I don't see how he is my father. I'm even smarter to know not to bring her back with them as if she was some stray dog on the street.”

“Mat would do it.” I said. “You guys know her, she would take pity on her.”

“Did you hear her?” Nate asked. “She said Mat lead them out of there and she was fighting with Ramses. She's one tough cookie.”

“She needs home training to.” Devin said, rolling his eyes. “Girl getting herself into allot of trouble.”

“You're just like them.” Nate said, scoffing. He twirled his pointer finger around in the air, “Alpha Lincoln got that leash around your neck very tightly. It took you hours to realize you should help your sister.”

Devin growled and grabbed him by his neck. He slammed Nate against the tree and Nate struggled, “Don't talk to me like that.” he coldly said. “You don't know what kind of pressure I am under, Summers. The pack, Zoe, Shiloh, and her family. My own god damn parents! And my rebellious sister!”

Nate eyes burned yellow and he bared his teeth, “Let go of me, now.” he said coldly. Nate huffed heavily, bring his foot up and trying to push Devin away but Devin held on tightly, “Let go! You're just pathetic, Devin! This is why I choosed Mat because she may be rebellious but she's strong! She rather do what's right than take orders from Lincoln. Lincoln tells you to bow, you'll do it and she'll flip him off!”

I walked over and tapped Devin shoulder, “Let go of him, isn't worth you're time.”

Devin swung back and didn't look at me, “You think I'm stupid, Summers? I have a family I need to think of. You don't have anyone that cares about you so you don't have much to lose.”

Nate grabbed his wrist and twisted it. Devin grunted in pain and let go of Nate. Nate grabbed him in a headlock and brought his knee up to Devin stomach but Devin caught it. He flipped Nate on his back and I rolled my eyes as the two of them fought

I heard a whooshing sound but because I could turn to look something pierced the right sound of my shoulder. I fell forward to the ground, crying in pain since it didn't stung but like someone pour acided on me. My hands shook as I reached back and I wrapped my hand around the stick.

It was pulled out by Devin and he hissed before letting it go. Devin pulled me on my back and he slapped my face, “Clyde, Sofia!” he yelled. “He's turning very white—Killian, stay awake!”

Acid feeling spreed through my body and I cried in pain.

“What happened?” I heard Sofia.

“I think it was Deadly Nightshade. I think whoever made the arrow used the juice from the berries and spread it all over the end of the arrow.” he said. “I don't know what to do!”

Soon the acid feeling turned to numbness and my mouth part as I tried to speak but my throat tighten up and I stared up at the light beaming in the sky of sunrise.

“How fast does this work?” Devin asked, panicking.

“He little time. We should get him help soon.” the girl, Aeriela said. “Who is you're healer?”

“Devin, you gotta get him to Alpha Dixon home. His wife Hana knows remedies—she's my cousin.” Clyde said. I was picked up by Nate and placed me on Devin back. “Tell her you're my son and she'll help. Be quick, he has most an hour. Head that way, they live maybe a good forty minutes about human legs. You can run fast, you always have since the time you could walk.”