xiv.

I walked back towards Devin car, “I smelt her sent but the further I go down the road I lost it. It’s like she just disappeared.”

“Or just got into a car.” Devin said, sighing heavily. “Stubborn ass girl.” he muttered.

I glared at him, “Hey, watch your mouth.” He got up from the hood of the car and we both got inside of it. “How positive are you that she went to Los Angeles?” I asked.

“A hundred. She’s dead set on finding them and if we are alike, she’ll want to tell them off. I don’t know what would happen after that, but I know we should find her before she decides it. We were separated for a reason and if they find her with them, she could be in trouble.” he said.

“She can’t become a rogue.” I said. “We had a bright future ahead and—“

“Whoa, whoa, whoa man.” he said, cutting me off. I glared at him as he drove, getting quite annoyed with him now since it was real disrespectful. “Alright, we should talk about this. I am a wolf just like you, but you’re right. I lived with humans for most of my life. So have Mat, you have to remember. She’s not use to this life style. She was raised as a human and it’s all she knows. Yes we wolves are quick in things, but do you think she’s really that quick to change? Have you ever just thought about being just her boyfriend? Not her wolf mate who she’s supposed to spend forever with. Do her normal, not yours for right now.”

I scoffed, “I’m not going to be ashamed of who I am—“

“Dude, I’m not saying that. But for Mat sakes, be human normal for her. She wasn’t raised in this world, give her break. She just found out she’s a werewolf and we’re throwing all of this on her. She had a hard life and she probably just doesn’t attention on her.” he said. “When we find her, don’t be her mate who will be angry. Be her concern boyfriend.”

I glared at him for a moment before turning to look out the passenger window. I brought my arm up, resting my elbow on the door as I thought. Okay, so maybe he was right but I wasn’t going to admit that out loud. Mat was pretty much thrown into this whole different world and I was pushing for us to be together rather roughly. She was raised just like a human her whole life. I can see how it would be strange for my kind traditions to be thrown at her.

Okay, so when we find her I’ll be her normal ‘human’ boyfriend. This is going to be so weird.

Mat

I felt someone hit my leg which woke me up out of my sleep. I jerked as my eyes opened and I stared at the wall across from me. I had been dreaming and it was a dream I wish I could forget. I was dreaming of being with Killian, just the two of us laying on the couch, and I was telling him about everything little secret and stories about me.

“Hey pup, wakie wakie.” I heard Gretchen voice. “You gotta get your ass up and moving.”

I groaned as I ran my hands into my wild hair and closed as my eyes as I rolled onto my back. “How long have I been sleeping?” I asked.

“It’s four o’clock.” she said. “Hey, I have something for you.”

I was going to ask what it was until it hit my nose. It smelled like food and my mouth watered up. I quickly sprung up in a sitting position and saw her holding a container. She bent down and held it out to me. I opened it and saw a burrito, making my even more hungry.

I looked at her, “Er—thanks.” I said awkwardly. I picked up the burrito, taking a bite, “You know—for everything. I’m surprise how welcoming you’re being.” I heard stories of rogues being cold and mean assholes who betray their packs. But this chick seems so much more different from stories I heard. She bought me food last night, let me come back with her to her motel room to get a shower and let me stay on the floor, and now she’s bring me more food?