Blog Entry Number Thirty-Five

I pedaled quickly to Swellview Park, fighting back tears. Please... please... Henry... please be okay..., I thought. When I got there, there weren't any police cars. No ambulances, no fire trucks, no symbol of security to signify that something bad happened. Oh no, am I too late? I ran into the heart of the park, right by the fountain. I ran past it when something caught my eye. It was a projector. I walked up to it. The paper placed on top of it read, "Candie, push this button!" Shrugging, I pressed the button on the projector. I sat down on the grass, hoping that I didn't press another Candie's button.

I didn't.

A light shone on a projection screen, and a song sung by Henry played.

*A/N: The song is "Slingshot" by Jack Griffo, but just pretend that Henry wrote it himself.*

"I thought that I was too young for love,

To think that there could be just one,

Girl for me.

I was never too good at romance,

Or maybe just never had the chance,

To love the right girl."

It was a collection of videos and pictures of Henry and me. The first thing that played was when I was at Henry's house. He had used his YoPro to film me.

"Henry, stop!" the Candie in the video laughed.

"Why? You're very interesting!" the Henry in the video said. It started to zoom in and zoom out. The Candie in the video burst out laughing.

"You're a knucklehead, Hart," she said as she lay down on her sleeping bag. The next pictures were at the mall, random selfie moments during rehearsals, the fair, group studying at his house, and other pictures. The last video was one of me singing "What If I" by Meghan Trainor while Henry was secretly filming me.

"Well don't be nervous,

I'm so into you!

Yes I am, babe.

Is this something?

Am I just a fool?

What if I--"

The me in the video stopped and asked, "Henry! Are you filming?"

"Yes," the Henry in the video replied.

"Henry, oh my God!! Stop!" The Candie in the video marched up to the camera and covered it. "Stop filming!"

"Why? You sound great!"

"No I don't. You're just saying that to make me feel better."

"Trust me, you do."

The video ended, and I was in tears. Henry was gone, and he wasn't there to see that I actually watched it. "Henry..." I whispered. "Where are you?"

Someone put their hand on my shoulder. "Hi," they whispered. I wiped my eyes and turned around to see that Henry was behind me. I stood up and hugged him tightly.

"Oh my God, I'm so glad you're okay!" I said. I pulled away and wiped my cheek. Then I frowned and slapped him on his shoulder.

"Ow!" he screeched.

"You gave me a flipping heart attack!" I yelled.

"How?" He rubbed his shoulder.

"I thought you were in an accident or something!"

"Who told you I was?"

"Charl--" We both glared at Charlotte, who appeared behind Henry.

"I told you to get her over here!" Henry barked.

"I thought that if she knew the truth, then she wouldn't come!" she responded. "So, I just told her the 'truth'."

"I would've come anyway! That would've stopped me from having a major panic attack!"

"Okay! Okay, fine! I'm sorry! Now can you two please make up so you can start dating, then, a few years later after you graduate from college, move in together, then Henry will propose to you, then you get married, and after that, you two have twins named Lola and JC!"

Henry and I looked at each other. "What?" we questioned in unison.

"Oh, never mind." She pushed us towards each other. "Just make up! It's true love!" There was a buzz. She took out her phone and read her text. "Shoot, I gotta go. My Uncle Roscoe's calling me. Bye!" She ran off to her bike and pedaled off.

Henry sat back down. I sat next to him. "So you called me here to play a slideshow of all the memories we had together while you sang a personal song in the background?"

"No." Henry shook his head. "I wanted to apologize. I-I-I was such a jerk to you..." He slowly started turning red. I thought it was adorable. "I... uh... hurt you both physically and emotionally. I want you to know that I didn't mean to do that."

I slowly smiled. "Apology accepted. And... I'm sorry for yelling at you. I was frustrated."

He grinned. "It's okay. I kinda deserved it." He exhaled. "So... I heard it was your mother's birthday."

"Yeah."

"Well..." He dug into a bag and pulled out a huge megaphone. He stood up.

"What are you--"

"MRS. MITCHELL!" he yelled through the megaphone. "I WANTED TO WISH YOU A HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ALSO, YOUR DAUGHTER IS AN AMAZING PERSON!"

I laughed. "Which?"

He stared at me. "YOUR YOUNGER DAUGHTER IS AMAZING!"

I fell on the grass and clapped. "That was beautifully said."

"Not as beautiful as you." He sat back down. I turned red and we watched the sun set. The sun caused the sky to look pinkish-orangish. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I glanced down at our hands, which were centimeters away. His hand inched up to mine, and our fingers intertwined. A rush of electricity sparked up and down my body. I looked up, and his face was close to mine, looking back. I noticed that he had gold flecks in his brown eyes. "Candie... I really like you. I know it's completely obvious, but I really wanted to tell you," he said. I smiled even bigger.

"Henry, I like you too," I responded. He jumped up and pumped his fist in the air.

"Yes!" he exclaimed. I chuckled. He extended his hand and I took it. He hugged me, spun me around, and I laughed even harder. He put me down, and we just stared at each other. He kept his arms around my waist, bent his head, and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and lost myself in his Colgate Fresh White breath and the scent of apples and sweat. He hugged me even tighter, and before I knew it, he broke away.

"Hey," he whispered.

"Hi," I smirked.

Then my lips met his again.

*A/N: Think the story is over? Oh, heck no!*