Blog Entry Number Seventeen

I quickly glanced at Henry, and he looked back at me with his brown eyes. I found myself smiling at him, showing my teeth, instead of mouthing, "Uh-oh!", like I originally planned. I quickly looked at my shoes, turning bright red. I looked at him again, but he was gone, and talking to Jasper. I walked up to Monica.

"Hi, I'm Candie," I greeted.

"Hey, Candie. You're in my History, right?" she asked.

"Yeah." I looked at her costume. "You look really cool in that cowgirl outfit!"

"Thanks, you too!" I walked away and went to Jasper.

"Hi... Jasper..." I mumbled.

"Hey, Candie!" he said. I looked at Henry and raised an eyebrow.

"Uh-oh!" Henry mouthed. I winced.

"What are you guys doing?" Jasper questioned.

"Oh, nothing. Mind if I--" I didn't finish my sentence, and grabbed Henry by the arm. I dragged him to the staircase. "This is not good! I have a really bad feeling about this!" I fiercely whispered.

"Relax, Candie," Henry said. "It's not like anyone's gonna mistake him for the real Kid Danger. You said it yourself, we look nothing alike."

"Yeah, but what if he goes too far and--"

He put his hands on my shoulders. "You worry too much, Candie," he stated.

I glared at him, attempting to hide my goosebumps from him putting his hand on me. "Henry. You've known me long enough to know that I worry about every single difficult thing that comes my way."

He chuckled, and so did I. I smiled at him, and he smiled back, his brown eyes crinkling. I suddenly felt self-concious and walked up to Jasper.

"Heeeeey, Jasper..." I greeted, sounding way more awkward than I meant it to be.

"Hey, Candie," he said. "What are you supposed to be?"

"A zombie schoolgirl." I looked down at my shoes, not of shyness, but out of worry. What if someone thinks he's Kid Danger? What if he guesses that Henry is Kid Danger? What if--

Henry put his hand on my shoulder. I slightly jumped. He gave me a look that said, "Stop worrying." I gave him my "I can't help but worry about your identity" look.

I turned back to Jasper. "Soooo... your costume is... it's rather..." I started, but I couldn't think of anything nice to say. Henry and Jasper anxiously waited my compliment. "I give up. I'm sorry. I can't think of any compliments." I turned on my boot heel, and walked to the counter, where Charlotte was pouring herself a glass of iced tea.

"What were you and Henry talking about?" she asked as she downed her drink.

"Um... Jasper's Kid Danger costume," I replied.

"Why?"

I looked around to see if Monica had come into the dining room. "I'm worried."

"Why?" Charlotte repeated.

"What if he finds out that we work for Captain Man?"

She sneered. "Please. Jasper has the brain the size of a walnut."

I put my hand over my mouth to stifle a laugh, but failed, and I laughed hard, and Charlotte laughed along with me.

"Hey, Candie. Hey, Charlotte," Henry called. "We better get going!"

***

"You owe me big time, Hart." I slung the 3/4 full pillowcase over my shoulder, carrying it like a bag of flour.

"What do you mean?" Henry asked.

"Did you see any zombie schoolgirls out there? No!" I retorted. "Pay up."

He grinned. "Okay, Candie. What do you want?"

"Your kisses," I responded. Henry turned red. Oh, shoot., I thought. That came out wayyy wrong. "Um... didn't you get a bag of Hershey kisses from Mrs. Putch?" I quickly blurted out. Mrs. Putch was Debbie's mom, and was one of our wealthiest neighbors.

"Oh yeah." He dug into his pillowcase and handed me a bag of pumpkin-flavored Hershey kisses.

"Thanks," I breathe, putting the bag into my own pillowcase. Charlotte emerged from the bushes.

"Hey, what did I miss?" she asked, nudging me.

I glared at her. "Nothing. Where are Jasper and Monica?"

"I don't know," Charlotte replied. Piper walked over to us, obviously angry as usual, and we started to run towards Henry's house.

"THIS WAS THE WORST. HALLOWEEN. EVER!!" Piper screamed. We glanced at her.

"Why?" Henry groaned.

"Because. I got dark chocolate kisses!" she shouted. She started yammering on about the fact that dark chocolate tasted bitter. I rolled my eyes. I was able to see that Charlotte and Henry were getting annoyed. I looked around, pointed my locket towards Piper, and zapped her. She fell to the ground.

"What did you just do?!" Henry yelled.

"I'm sorry! I was annoyed!" I said, putting my hands up in alarm. Charlotte sighed.

"Help me lift her up." Henry grabbed her by the arms, and I took her legs. We practically dragged her up to her bedroom and onto her bed.

"This should keep her asleep for about... 4 hours," I stated. We ran downstairs and waited for Jasper and Monica to come back.

*A/N: HI!!!! NEW UPDATE WHEEEEEEEE!!!!*