Blog Entry Number Fourteen

*A/N: 1.6K VIEWS! AHHHHHHHHHHH! Thank you all!*

What would my mom do?

I knew exactly what she would do. She would take the job, no matter what people said.

But I wasn't my mom, the over-confident socialite Rizalyn "Rizzy" Mitchell. I was Cordelia "Candie" Mitchell, the shy blogger who never took chances.

***

(Flashback, June 17, 2010)

(Candie's POV)

"Candie," my mom said to me. "I can't wait for you to see me. Maybe it'll convince you to be in the acting business."

"Mommy, if I can't make friends, then how will I be able to perform on stage with so many people?" I joked. She laughed and kissed Bella and me on the cheek.

"Mom, when I grow up, can I be your costume designer?" Bella asked.

"Yes, of course you can," my mom replied. She kissed my father goodbye, and walked away, with her duffel bag swinging. I went to my room and started playing a song that was in her play.

"The second star to the right,

Shines in the night for you,

To tell you that the dreams you plan,

Really can come true,"

I kept singing until I heard the phone ring. I got up to answer it, but my father beat me to it.

"Hello?" he answered. His face changed from relaxed to worried to shocked. "WHAT?" he shouted.

"We are so sorry, sir. You can go see her and say goodbye if you'd like," the woman on the phone said.

"Okay, I'll have to tell my kids the bad news, then." My dad's voice cracked, and he buried his face in his hands.

"Daddy... what's wrong?" I asked. He wiped his eyes.

"Call your sister in," he replied. I did, and he sat us down. "So... you see... the play is canceled."

"What? Oh no! Mom must be devastated!" Bella exclaimed.

"Well... um... sweetie, Mom is the reason why the play is canceled. She's gone..." Dad sobbed.

"What do you mean, 'gone'?" I quizzed, me being a ten-year-old who didn't have a clue about death.

"She's dead!" Bella cried out.

I felt my heart break into so many little pieces. Bella sobbed harder, and I cried.

"H-h-how did this happen?" I questioned in between sobs.

"There was a car crash at the intersection of Cottage and Creek. She was killed instantly," my dad replied sadly.

After that day, I found it harder to make friends, since I was taking the news in. My mom loved singing, so I vowed to follow in her footsteps.

***

But vows are broken everyday.

"So... what do you say, Candie?" Henry asked. I wanted to say no, but he was looking right at me with his big brown puppy dog eyes, looking and sounding hopeful. (And also very adorable!)

"Urghhh, fine!" I shouted. He got up and hugged me from behind.

"YAY!" he yelled in my ear. I winced, still smiling. He ran around the lunchroom. I sighed. He's adorable., I thought. He sat back down next to me.

"Well, you're crazy," I joked. "Is my becoming of a Broadway star making you fangirl?"

"Oh, very funny," he said, putting his arm around me. "Someone's asking for a headlock!"

"ACK! NO! WHAT DID I DO?!" I shouted but I laughed hard.

Charlotte took a picture. "This is going online."

*A/N: I'm so so so sorry for the lack of posting guyz! It's just that i've been so busy with school, and edits, and all that crap. So sorry! Oh yeah, and follow me on my Instagram: @haileyfromswellview! (No exclamation point at the end) Thank you guys! Luv ya!*