Blog Number Entry Twenty-Three

*Monday*

"Looking good, Mitchell!" Jason, the star player of the Swellview Honey Badgers football team hooted. I felt myself blush, as I walked to my locker. I could feel every single guy in the hallways of the school stare at me with somewhat inappropriate lust. I guess word had gotten around that Henry was dating Chloe, and now it was like all of the guys who (I guess) admired me from afar but knew that I had a thing for Henry, decided to try to win me over.

But I wanted Henry to like me. He was nice, cute, and the first boy I ever liked. Those little dimples when he smiled were to die for. His brown eyes were beyond amazing. The way his hair flopped to the right side of his face without covering any of his face was fantastically heart-melting. Well, it melted my heart.

I slipped into Miss Shapen's classroom. The kids in the class were talking to their friends. I placed my stuff on my desk. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned around. Henry was standing behind me.

"Hey, Candie," he greeted, putting his hands in his jeans pockets.

I quickly and discreetly smoothed my camisole and wiped some invisible dust off of my crop top. "Hi, Henry."

"Are you feeling better?" he asked. He sounded concerned.

"Feeling better?" I tilted my head. "I've felt fine this whole week! What are you talking about?"

"You said you weren't feeling well on Friday at work."

Oh. That. "Yeah. It was just a little cold. Nothing serious."

"Great. That's good! So... are we still on for Friday night? Charlotte wanted me to ask if you were still coming."

"Do you think I'm crazy enough to pass on a Katy Perry concert?"

A few months ago, Charlotte announced that she was bribed front-row-tickets by her Uncle Roscoe to a Katy Perry concert, and invited Henry, Jasper, and me to come with her.

"Yeah, yeah. Girls and their Katy Perry," Henry joked.

I blew my bangs out of my face and shifted all my weight to my left leg. "Don't pretend that I haven't seen you singing 'California Gurls" at the top of your lungs."

"Hey! I told you that I accidentally picked up Piper's Pear Pod!"

"Suuure. Would Piper be singing about gin and juice?"

"Uh... yeah. She's a weird kid."

"Erm... yeah. Sure..." I put my bright yellow headphones around my neck.

"So... did I mention that Chloe's coming with us?" he asked. I paused.

"Your girlfriend Chloe?" I stammered.

"Yeah!" he exclaimed. I mustered a smile, and Charlotte walked up to us.

"Hey guys!" Charlotte said.

"Heeeey. Can I talk to you?" I asked.

"Sure." She led me outside the classroom. "What is it?" Charlotte quizzed.

"Did you know that Chloe was coming with us to the Katy Perry concert?"

"Yeah. I suppose Henry told you?"

"Uh. Yeah. He did." I shook my head rapidly. "Never mind. I'm not supposed to be annoyed, I guess. I mean, Chloe and Henry are dating, so... I guess I should be fine with it. Should I?" I looked down at my combat boots.

"You don't sound happy..." She crossed her arms. Then she smiled. "Ha! You're jealous! Admit it!"

"Fine. I admit it. I'm jealous."