Blog Entry Number Thirty-Eight

"Bye you two!" Mrs. Hart said. "Have fun! I'll pick you two up at nine o'clock, okay?"

"Okay. Bye mom," Henry responded, getting out of the car.

"Thanks, Mrs. Hart." I smiled.

"Sweetie, feel free to call me Siren," she stated. I smiled once again and closed the door. Henry and I waved as she drove away. I turned around and watched all of the glowing lanterns, the colorful lights, and the scents of ethnic food. Henry took my hand.

"Wow! It's beautiful," he said.

"I know, right?" I looked around and pointed to a cutout standee. It had that "Gangnam Style" guy dancing on top of another guy. "Let's go there!"

He laughed. "Are you sure you want to get under me?"

I stayed silent.

"Kidding!" We ran up to it and waited in line. I handed my phone to the photographer and he snapped the picture. Henry was PSY, and I was the guy beneath him. I burst out laughing when I saw the picture.

"We have to post this on TwitFlash," I giggled. I took a picture and posted it.

cotton.candie: top or bottom? :P @henry.rh

A few seconds after I posted it, I got a reply.

@henry.rh: bottom. ;)

I glared at him. "Bruh."

He chuckled. "Kidding!" he teased, holding my hand.

"Hey, we should get ice cream!" I announced. I let go and ran over to a stand where they were selling Filipino sorbet. "Pwede po ba kami bumili ng sorbetes?" I asked. *Translation: Are we allowed to buy sorbet?*

The woman looked up at me, then gasped. "Candie? Ikaw ba yan?" she quizzed. *Translation: Candie? Is that you?*

It was my aunt. "Ay! Tita Kaylynn!" I hugged her tightly. *Translation: Oh! Aunt Kaylynn!*

"Hoy! Victor! Halika dito!" she yelled. *Translation: Hey! Victor! Come over here!* "Ikaw ay tulad lamang iyong ina!" *Translation: You're just like your mother!*

"Hey! Hey, Henry!" I waved him over. He smiled at me and walked over. "Henry, this is my aunt Kaylynn. Tita Kaylynn, ito si Henry, yung syota ko." *Translation: Aunt Kaylynn, this is my boyfriend, Henry.*

"Oh my gosh!" Aunt Kaylynn exclaimed. She kissed him on both cheeks. "Ang guapo naman yung syota mo!" *Translation: Your boyfriend is handsome!*

Henry stood there, probably somewhat freaked out by being kissed on the cheeks by an older stranger that wasn't me. I giggled and smiled nervously. "Should've warned you that us Filipinos are very... um... welcoming," I whispered. I turned to Aunt Kaylynn, and her kids, and her husband, were standing in front of us.

"How's your father doing?" my uncle Victor asked.

"He's doing great. He's on a date right now." I looked down at my sandals. "Where are Hayden and Iyana?" I quizzed, trying to change the subject.

"They're coming. They were at the Vietnamese part of the festival, buying bubble tea," he answered.

"That's great!" I said. I looked over at Henry, who was talking to my aunt. I smiled at Uncle Victor to excuse myself and then walked over to him. "What did she ask about?" I whispered.