Blog Entry Number Eleven

Henry is Kid Danger?

I rubbed my eyes, trying to see if it was a dream.

It wasn't.

My first and best friend. Is the famed sidekick of the invincible Captain Man.

I have to take my best friend down?

This was bad. I can't take him down. I liked him. I didn't want him to die, no matter what Mr. Barlow said.

But... I might die if I didn't take him down.

What am I going to do?

"You guys... are... Captain Man... and Kid... Danger?" I questioned, losing a bit of balance.

"Yeah!" Henry said, then walked up to me. "Are you okay? You look like..."

As he finished his sentence, I fell down, and the room went black.

***

I suddenly jolted up, finding myself cold and wet. Whoo., I thought. Bad dream...

But then I realize I was in a room with tons of cool gadgets. I was still in Captain Man's secret headquarters.

"You okay?" Kid Danger, who turned out to be Henry, asked.

"Uh... y-yeah..." I answered, rubbing my head. I looked soaked. "Why am I all wet?"

"Because Schwoz," Charlotte replied, glaring at a bald man with long, gray hair on the sides of his head. "dumped a whole bucket of ice cold water on you to wake up."

The man, who now had the weird name of "Schwoz", waved at me. "Ah! Candie! I've heard so much about you! You are Henry's girlfriend, yes?" he asked in this somewhat foreign accent. I saw Henry's face turn red, and he walked away.

"Um... no," I shyly replied. "We're just close friends."

"Yeah, really close," Charlotte muttered. At that exact same moment, Henry walked into the room with a huge, fluffy looking towel. He put the corners of the towel around me. As his fingers touched my shoulders, I felt a little bit of goosebumps. The good kind, not the nervous/anxious kind.

"Here," he whispered.

"Thanks," I breathed. Then I turned to Ray, who was actually Captain Man. "So... let me get this straight: you want meto be your new sidekick, because, apparently, you guys are Captain Man and Kid Danger."

Ray nodded. "Ding, ding, ding!"

"But... why me? Why not Charlotte?"

"I'm weak and spineless," Charlotte answered. "You're brave."

"Give me one example of how I'm 'brave'," I said.

"You were able to audition for 'Hairspray' without passing out," she retorted. I shrugged, realizing that it was a pretty brave thing to do when you're freakishly shy.

"Yeah, I guess." I stood up and extended my hand out to Ray. "You've got yourself a deal." Ray and I shook on it, then I shook hands with Henry.

***

I walked out of the little dressing room in a gold and glittering dress with a black and gold mask.

"Um... got any other options, guys?" I asked. "It seems too over-the-top."

"Yeah," Henry said. "Go back in the room, Candie." I walked with my head down, pretending to be sad.

The next option was this ice-blue dress with a silver cape and a silver mask.

"Too... Elsa from 'Frozen'," Ray stated.

"Yeah... I should let this one go," I joked.

I looked through the hangers of the dressing room closet one last time, and found a red skirt, a pair of blue spandex leggings, a blue, long-sleeved shirt, and this silver overall-like thing with a Captain Man insignia. I took this tool belt with a silver buckle that also had a Captain Man insignia.

"How about this?" I questioned, twirling around.

"You look awesome." Charlotte said. Then she turned to Henry and snapped her fingers. "Stop drooling."

He blushed once again and stammered, "Y-you look really n-nice." I smiled at him, and his blush deepened, but he smiled back. Ray walked over to him and whispered something in his ear. He handed him this necklace with a white, heart-shaped locket.

"Candie, can you turn around and push your hair out of the way?" Henry asked. I nodded and did as he told me to. He put the necklace chain around my neck and clasped it. I took the locket part of it.

"Sweet," I smiled. "What does it do?"

"It's a promise necklace! You and Henry are getting married when you turn twenty-two!" Ray exclaimed, clapping his hands. Henry and I looked at each other. Then we started stammering and babbling nonsense.

"I'm just kidding!" Ray yelled, running off. "It's how I'll contact you!" I raised an eyebrow.

"Open the locket," Charlotte explained. I did.

Inside of the locket, there was a little screen. Ray suddenly appeared in hologram form.

"Whoa. This is cool!" I chuckled. "It's like we're in the same room!" I poked the little hologram of him. Nothing happened, except that I heard a bit of static. Ray walked back into the room.

"Well, Candie, since you officially work for me, it's about time you take the Oath," he stated.

"Oh... okay," I said. He told me the oath, and I repeated his words out loud:

"I, Candie Mitchell,

Pledge to be an awesome sidekick to Captain Man,

And to never, ever, ever, tell anyone

that I am Captain Man's secret sidekick."

"You did better than Henry," Ray stated. I saw Henry make a silly face, but after that he smiled at me and gave me a thumbs-up.

Warm fuzzies., I thought. I love that feeling.