Blog Entry Number Twenty-Eight

"What... what do you mean, Mr. Mitchell?" Henry asked nervously.

"Dad... what do you know about us?" I stammered. I felt myself shake.

My father glanced in the driving mirror. He seemed angry. Did he know about Mr. Barlow?

He gave out a frustrated sigh. "I know you two are Kid Danger and Tween Wonder."

I chuckled uneasily. "What???" I tried to smile.

"Mr. Mitchell, that's not true." Henry hung his head down.

"Yes it is." He stopped the car at Junk N' Stuff. He stormed out and walked in the store. Gooch wasn't there.

"Where's Gooch?" I mouthed to Henry. He shrugged nervously. We went down the elevator. After peeling myself off of the ground, I managed to ask, "What the heck is going on? Why did you take us here? How do you know we're Captain Man's sidekicks?

"Because..." My father peeled his face off. "I am Captain Man." Ray held the skin is his hand. It was a mask.

I smacked Ray. "ARE. YOU. FREAKING. KIDDING. ME?! YOU. GAVE. ME. A. HEART. ATTACK." He took a few steps backwards, and I ran after him, but Henry grabbed me by the waist. "LET ME GO!!!!" I squealed, kicking the air. I kept walking towards Ray, but Henry wrapped his arms around my waist tightly.

"It won't help, Candie," Henry said. "He can't get hurt."

"LET GO HENRY!!!! AT LEAST LET ME TRY!!!!!" I tried to squirm out his arms, but as I did, he tightened his grip around me. He lifted me up off of the ground. I kept kicking.

"I'm not letting you go until you're completely calm." He kept my legs dangling in midair.

"All right, all right!!! I'm calm!!!!" I stated, even though it wasn't completely true. He put me down.

"Why would you do this? How'd you get the Man Van to look like my dad's car?" I asked.

"Well one, I needed to tell you about this new villain in Swellview who just got out of jail. She's called the Seductress, and there have been so many reports about her. Also, we used a cover that looked exactly like a Toyota RAV4," he explained.

"So... what do we need to do?" Henry asked. I felt his chin on my shoulder, trying to see Ray, I guess.

"Act like a couple on the beach tomorrow. There's no school, isn't there? And I figured it wouldn't be hard for you guys to act like one, since you obviously have feelings for each other." He took a sip of his Mocha Cola.

"What are you talking about? Haven't you realized that Henry has a girlfriend that's not me?" I pointed to myself.

"Candie, have you noticed at all that Henry still has his arms wrapped around you?" he quizzed.

I looked down. Henry really did have his arms wrapped around my waist. "Can't you see I'm calm now?" I asked. Henry blushed and let go.

"So, what does this 'Seductress' do?" Henry asked quickly.

"She's a heartbroken woman, with a slim and curvy figure. She's over seven feet tall, and she kidnaps people's girlfriends so that she can have her ex-boyfriend back."

"But," I interrupted. "Why would she go for me? I'm thirteen."

"She's not gonna let age get in her way." Ray stroked his chin.

I brightened. "Like in the 'Good Wife'!" I chirped, referring to the only soap opera that I watched. Everyone, and I mean everyone, in Swellview was completely hooked. Except no one had dated anyone younger than them by more than 12 years.

"NO!" Henry shrieked. "Don't. Spoil. It. For. Me. I haven't caught up yet!!!"

"Oh yeah! When Miguel dumped Esperanza--" Ray said, winking at me.

"And started dating Marta, even though she's like, half his age," I said, grinning.

Henry fell on his knees. "NOOOOOOOOO! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! WHY WHY WHY!?!" He turned to me. "I'm so gonna--"

"No you can't!" I teased, running off.

"YOU'RE GONNA PAY FOR THIS, MITCHELL!!!!" He ran after me, and I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

"No I'm not!" I laughed, running under the tube and quickly tapping my belt buckle. "Up the tube!" I smiled.

"I'M KILLING YOU TOMORROW!!!" I heard Henry yell. But he couldn't.

I mean, friends don't kill each other.

Do they?

***

After school, I collapsed in bed, after telling my dad that a pipe had burst, and that the next day, which we had no school, they'd be working on the cleanup, since it was so early in the day. It felt bad to lie, but in a way, it was better than him knowing that I was Tween Wonder.

I fell asleep, still in my school clothes, and was in deep sleep, and only got up to eat. In my dream, I kept hearing "Without Love" from Hairspray. There were all of these people watching me, and I guess I was having a great time, singing with Henry, when all of a sudden, we start kissing. I was in total shock, and my eyes shot open.

Turns out, I was making out with my pillow.

***

I tied my black-and-blue-and-pink-and-purple hair in a braid, like Elsa from Frozen. I slipped on my polka dotted sunglasses and snuck my matching earbuds in my purse.

"Are you sure that you don't need a ride?" he asked.

"No, I'm fine," I replied. "Anyway, bye dad, love you."

"Bye, sweetie! Be safe!"

I waited for Henry to come out of his house. He ran out, wearing a black, baggy t-shirt with a pair of those window shades printed on them. He wore these baggy shorts with zillions of pockets on them, and a pair of black flip flops that were similar to mine. I adjusted the straps of my polka-dot camisole. "Hey," I greeted.

"You were wrong. Marta and Miguel never get together!" he stated, hopping on his bike.

"I know, I wanted to see if you'd fall for it." I stuck my tongue out playfully. He did the same. Then he eyed me up and down.

"You look nice," he said.

I felt myself turn bright pink. "Oh, um..."

"Well. That sounded awkward." He scratched the back of his head.

"No, no. Um. Thanks." I looked down at the pedals of my bike.

"You know what? Let's just race to Seaswell Beach." He looked straight ahead, and started pedaling furiously.

"Hey! No fair! You got a headstart!" I yelled, pedaling.

"Oh well! That's what you get for feeding me bad information!!!!!" he shouted, heading towards the hill, where it looked like he was disappearing into the clouds. I looked up at the sky. The sky was a brilliant blue, and the clouds were a pearly white. It was a beautiful day to go sight seeing and spend the day on the beach.

It was also the perfect day for couples to go to the beach, which made our mission a little easier.