apple of my eye || kugimiya masami

{fluff}

source: welcome to the ballroom, ballroom e youkoso

artist: official
~
The gentle hum of working electricity, the chirping of birds, the soft coolness of the wind. This was what Kugimiya liked about staying at Brés. Not only was he grateful he got to see his cousins, even if it was tiresome having to be on his best behavior in front of such impressionable and cute kids, but it was better than being mercilessly teased by his family.

You were there, too.

If black cats were like Tamie and his first dance instructor and his family, all mysterious and quiet and elegant, you were like a scrappy calico. Instead of the haughty mystery, you were a soft ray of sunlight, blessing him with a gentle breeze and the scent of sakura blossoms. You were so ... fresh, and new. Not blinding and obnoxious like that Sengoku. 

You weren't a professional dancer - you'd suffered from an accident like him very early in your dancing career (childhood, a tragedy). Yet there was something so calming about dancing with you, even if you were far from perfect and the elegance of ballroom dance was forfeited for comfort and playfulness. 

"What are you thinking about, Masa - chan?" Your arms were wrapped around his neck as his were wrapped around your waist, holding you steady as the two of you stood idly in the middle of the empty living room. Masami blinked, staring down at you with his usual disinterested expression.

"I was thinking about the cruelty of dance," he mumbled pessimistically as you giggled, pulling yourself closer to gain more leverage. You'd gone to physical therapy after the accident, but even physical therapy couldn't help your weak ankles or two left feet. 

"Then I won't torment you for much longer. One more circle?" Masami pretended to roll his eyes in exasperation but of course he didn't really mean it (not to you). 

"One more box," he admitted, hands on your waist tightening to help take some pressure off your ankles. "One more and then it's back to the wheelchair." You didn't say anything, just smiled and rested your head against his collarbone, his chin meeting the top of your skull. It was a nice box, with a caring, gentle lead and a soft and supple follow. It wasn't perfection but Masami was fine with that. Even if you weren't going to win any competitions, he never felt happier than when he was dancing with you. 

~

ok yes nobody asked for this however i've been planning it for a long time and i'm trying to get through drafts before i start making more yes yes take this and hope for smut next