missed kiss||Aesop Carl

[Angst]

Source: Identity V

Requested by MyPeacheIZBacc

Art Cred: Avien03 on deviantart
~

Marriage is wonderful, they said. Newlyweds are always the happiest, they preached and shoved and prattled. You wanted to get married, you wanted to live happily ever after. You'd chosen Aesop for that. And in the beginning, he'd been everything - completely and absolutely perfect. You couldn't have asked for a better husband, even if it technically wasn't official in the eyes of the church and you couldn't be very publicly intimate. It was drivel to you, as long as you had him all to yourself. Now you didn't even want to sit in the same room as him.

"Glaring at me isn't going to make me want to come home any sooner." His snide remark paired with his monotone voice and expression made your blood boil, squeezing the dish in your hand. You wanted to smash the plate over his head, and you'd be blessed if it was enough to concuss him. He grimaced at your expression, the only other face he made besides that horribly neutral one.  "Come now. You can't harm me; you'd be caught by the authorities within an hour you're so unskilled." You grit your teeth, eager to hurt him in some way - any way. But you couldn't. He had a job, unlike you, and his coworkers would definitely notice him missing. They didn't necessarily like either of you, but they liked you even less than Aesop, so you would definitely be thrown under the bus no matter how you pleaded.

"Leave me, Aesop. I'd be blessed if you never returned." The light haired man merely squinted his eyes in amusement. You were not there for his sick entertainment, but you didn't quite have a choice in the matter either.

His steps sauntering up behind you made you nervous and the hair on the back of your neck raised as he wrapped his arms around your waist. His cold breath fanned over your bare nape and you turned rigor mortis stiff. You thought it was an unspoken agreement between you two that touch wasn't something permitted anymore. But just as the whims of the church, Aesop saw your whims dismissible. His nose buried in your hair and your heartbeat sped up with anxiety. You grit your teeth again, ready to snap at him, when all of a sudden he let you go. You turned, not expecting him to just leave. There was always  something up his sleeve. He simply looked down at you, eyes indescribably blank. You blinked up at him, an expression of curiosity and not of anger. Aesop hadn't seen you like that in a long, long time.

"You smell lovely." You raised an eyebrow. This was very unlike him. But he simply stepped back and moved towards the door, his briefcase still held tightly in his gloved hand. Your lips pinched together in conflict. You wanted to give him a kiss, wish him goodbye when you both had been in your honeymoon phase, but at the same time, you couldn't just forgive him for all the cruel exchanges you had.

"Aesop-!" You didn't know what you were going to say, just feeling the urge to say something. And thankfully, he did cease moving and turn back to you. You worried your bottom lip, hands wringing as you thought of what to say. "Would you...like your favorite for supper tonight?" Aesop stared blankly before a nearly invisible upward quirk caught your eye.

"That's kind of you," he muttered, thumbs rubbing over the red wax stamp of a letter he had gotten earlier in the week. "But I will be blessing you without a return, my dear." Your heart ached in conflicted despair and confusion and some sick joy. You wanted him to stay but you loathed when he did. Perhaps you were just as messed up in the head as he was. But you didn't say anything more. You simply nodded and hung your head, standing in the foyer as Aesop wordlessly took the letter and his briefcase and merely left.

And you should've felt blessed to be rid of his horrible person, but the hole in your heart left you cursed.

- - -

Wow gay but ok I'm doing better. Writing lots of p0rn lolololol