lonely hearts club

Asmodeus/Reader

[Fluff]

Source: Shall We Date? Obey Me!

~

"You know staying up late is bad for your skin?" (Y/n) glanced over to Asmodeus from his spot in the bathroom. He'd stayed up all night binging shows with Levi and now he was struggling to read which tube was face cream, hand cream, acne spot remover, and toothpaste. (Y/n) gave a little groan as he grabbed one tube and brought it close to his face, squinting to read. Asmodeus grabbed a different tube and replaced it with the one (Y/n) had been holding.

"Well, did you know?" (Y/n) groaned a little bit more. His eyes felt dry and tired, and the bags under his eyes were no doubt humongous. He put the toothpaste on his toothbrush and wet it.

"No I didn't, Asmo. Thanks for the info." Asmodeus preened slightly at the praise. It wasn't often that he knew something smart that others didn't. Plus, it felt nice to get thanks from (Y/n). Such a cute little human. Asmodeus watched the human brush his teeth tiredly, noticing the toothpaste that threatened to fall onto the mortal's RAD uniform. He leaned forward and, although it was awkward fitting his index finger between the toothbrush and (Y/n)'s lip, he made do. (Y/n)'s face flushed as Asmo's hand pulled away, washing the toothpaste away in the sink.

"Y-You're pretty touchy today, Asmo. What gives?" The brunette just shrugged, a coy smile on his lips.

"I just feel like it." The human nodded slowly, quietly going back to brushing his teeth. Normally Asmo would be against using his bare hand to wipe away anything, much less toothpaste (and toothpaste that had been in (Y/n)'s mouth too). Usually Asmo was very particular about what he'd touch, since everything had a chance of messing up the scents he'd spray himself with every morning. The brunet watched as (Y/n) blinked at him incredulously before Asmo rolled his eyes and patted the other boy's cheek.

"Hurry up and finish. I wanna walk with you to RAD, cutie." And with that wink he left, taking the remains of (Y/n)'s heterosexuality with him.

"It's a horrible idea," Lucifer grumbled. "We really shouldn't, my Lord." Diavolo just chortled goodheartedly, throwing his head back.

"I think otherwise, don't you, Barbatos?" The butler simply nodded, a serene little smile on his face.

"I'm sure it ought to be fine, Lucifer. Lord Diavolo is rarely wrong." Lucifer sighed and massaged his temples, thinking back to all the other times his brothers had been left in charge of LITERALLY ANYTHING.

"My Lord, if you would please, I implore that if you truly wish to throw a ball, let me be in charge of decor. My brothers aren't exactly trustworthy." Diavolo 'tsk'ed and shook his head.

"Lucifer, you needn't be so stubborn. The stickers Asmo designed for the DDDs-" Lucifer audibly groaned "- were wonderful. I am quite fond of the dress myself. There is no need to be such a - what was the word the human used, Barbatos?"

"..."

"A stickler, my Lord."

"Yes, that!" Lucifer, with a sigh, conceded. It was no use trying to argue against Diavolo. It was his way or the highway in the Devildom.

"Fine, let those fools be in charge of decor. But I will not pay for any damages. That's coming out of Mammon's wallet."

Somewhere in the Devildom, an Avatar of Greed sneezed.

Breaking the news to the brothers was a chore. Half of them didn't care and the only one truly excited was Asmodeus, Lucifer noted. Well, (Y/n) did perk up a little and ask if he could help, which of course Lucifer said yes - the more sensible hands the better (although (Y/n) wasn't the most sensible, he was a lot more reliable than, say, Mammon). Thankfully it wouldn't just be (Y/n) and Asmo working. Beel had readily volunteered when things got too heavy for the other two to carry, and (Y/n) was able to pump Levi up enough for the Avatar of Envy to actually want to go out and do something (maybe a few promises here and there but nothing (Y/n) couldn't and wouldn't keep). With the little ragtag crew that they were, Lucifer begrudgingly let Asmodeus be the spearhead of the group because, as much as he hated to say it, Asmodeus was the best designer the family had.