over the moon

Prince Justin/Reader (Howl/Reader sequel)

[Fluff, only a very little bit of Angst]

Requested by @valentina-salvatore @Fuu023 @LeLe_457 @DaeKing2000

Source: Howl's Moving Castle
________________________________

Fingers gently massaged the back of (Y/n)'s hand as the two men sat together in the parlor. Justin's pale thumb ran over (Y/n)'s knuckles, memorizing their shape. His soft grey eyes stared at his partner, committing (Y/n)'s current visage to memory. The magician let Justin stare. It felt nice to be wanted like that, and (Y/n) loved basking in it. His words were soft as he spoke praises to (Y/n), whatever sweet nothings came to his head. Justin's court magician hadn't had an easy day, so he wanted to make their evening as gentle and refreshing as possible. (Y/n) squeezed the hands that were playing with his a little, and turned to meet the next in line's eyes.

"Would you mind a move to the greenhouse? I'd prefer the company of plants to these dreary walls." Justin grinned that precious grin that made his dimples show and his eyes sparkle, something that was reserved specifically for the things that made him happiest (that would be (Y/n) ). The blond gently took the magician's hand and stood him up, standing with him as the two moved to the greenhouse. The plants in the greenhouse stretched to the sky over the glass walls, framing the glass ceiling showcasing the night sky. Justin led (Y/n) to the chaise nestled next to a small table and streetlamp, an easy way for any wanderers of the closed garden to find their way to a rest stop. Justin looked over to (Y/n), analyzing the magician's profile affectionately.

"You said you saw him?" (Y/n) scoffed, closing his eyes and tightening his grip on the blond's hand.

"Of course it had to be Howl on the one day I went into the market looking like an absolute mess." Justin chuckled a little and tucked a strand of hair behind (Y/n)'s ear before growing a tad more somber.

"Did...you speak?" (Y/n) pursed his lips and opened his eyes again, face pained.

"No. I ran in the opposite direction as soon as our eyes met."Justin nodded in understanding, running his thumbs over the tendons of (Y/n)'s hand again. (Y/n) turned his head, staring right into the royal's muted eyes.

"Justin, I don't think I'll ever be able to talk to him. It's been years and I still can't face him without feeling horribly selfish. I just up and left and..."(Y/n) worried his bottom lip, laying his forehead on Justin's shoulder.

"How could I just leave like that? The regret of not at least being reasonable and doing what he said, it hurts so so much, Justin." A hand gently held the back of (Y/n)'s head as Justin leaned his cheek into (Y/n)'s hair.

"Now now, love. Be kind to yourself, remember? The past has gone and the future is what you make of the present." (Y/n) sighed, turning his face towards Justin's, kissing the blond's jaw.

"You're too easy on me. When are you going to tell me to shut up and get over it?" Justin nervously laughed, scritching (Y/n)'s scalp.

"I don't think I'd live with myself if I said something so dismissive as that. Besides," He leaned in close, his nose barely touching (Y/n)'s. "I know you've made progress. At least you two made eye contact this time. Maybe next time you can try speaking." (Y/n) huffed and puffed his cheeks out indignantly.

"Babying me is just gonna make me a spoiled brat." Justin simply smiled.

"You're already a spoiled brat." (Y/n) dramatically gasped and sat up in fake offense, a hand to his chest.

"Justin!" The blond threw his head back and laughed as (Y/n) pouted. "You are so rude!"

"Sorry, dear," Justin wiped a tear from the corner of his eye with a white gloved hand, letting the last few laughs fall before he was done. "It seems I've been a bit too blunt today." (Y/n) crossed his arms and threw his legs over Justin's lap.

"You sure? Don't want to let out a few more quips at my expense?" Justin shook his head, running his hands over (Y/n)'s legs now.

"No, no, sweet. I'm all quipped out." The two sat in silence for a little bit longer, enjoying the comfortable silence of the plants. Justin glanced over to (Y/n), who was staring at the oncoming night sky again, before returning his gaze to the legs on his lap.

"Whatever you do, (Y/n), know that I will fully support you. Forever and always." Justin's soft voice startled (Y/n) before his words fully registered. (Y/n)'s cheeks heated up, fidgeting with the collar of his shirt.

"What's the serious tone for? I know you will. You always have. Even before I agreed to be yours." Justin smiled fondly, remembering the rude and kittenish attitude of (Y/n) when he'd first arrived to take the place of court magician, claws out at all times. The look on his face when Justin asked (Y/n) to be his true love, because honestly, Justin couldn't imagine life without the fickle magician beside him. And when (Y/n) had agreed after much speculation (6 months and a whole barrage of 'dates' - Justin wasn't sure what counted as a date to (Y/n) anymore), Justin's heart had leapt into his throat, beyond elated. Jostled out of his reverie by (Y/n)'s legs sliding against the broad of his chest, Justin looked over to (Y/n). The magician glanced at his face, his hand, and back to his face before taking his hand. Justin's whole chest felt toasty and his cheeks rosied.

"Don't worry about that crow, (Y/n). Besides, whenever you're ready you can call him. You did run away with one of his shirts." (Y/n) rolled his eyes before squinting at Justin suspiciously.

"Are you absolutely positively certain that that fact doesn't make you the littlest bit jealous." Justin shook his head.

"Not a bit." (Y/n) (roughly) tapped his knee against the blond's ribs.

"Ouch!- Okay, yes, I was a little bit jealous...and a bit worried that you wouldn't take my offer because of it." (Y/n) guffawed.

"Aha! My perfect little prince does get jealous! And over tiny things!" Justin's face turned red, squeezing (Y/n)'s knee.

"I guess this is what I get, right?" (Y/n) sat up closer to Justin, capturing his pale lips in a delicate kiss.

"Well, am I not the best reward ever?" Justin grinned against (Y/n)'s lips as he leaned in to connect their lips again, gentle hand on the back of the magician's neck.

"Oh, the absolute best."

_________________________________________________________

"One thing you can always count on is that hearts change."

                                                       - Prince Justin

Okay I know I said smut next but you guys asked for this, so don't be picky. I'm working on the smut, i promise u guys will get to spitshine some ginormous balls okay?