sugar

Soubi Agatsuma/Reader

[Slight Angst & Fluff]

Source: Loveless

_______________________________

"So...that's it?" (Y/n) leaned against the sill of the door, watching Soubi smoke his cigarette. He didn't look back at the other man, just simply sat on his bed, shirtless and sad.

"You know, you don't have to fuck me, I'd just like to know if there's anything I can do for you." Soubi didn't bother to look over the rims of his glasses at the other man. He was too timid for direct eye contact when someone would raise their voice at him. The small drag he took from his cigarette was the only noise between the two for a long moment. (Y/n) gave a huff, running a hand through his hair.

"At least smoke outside or your house is gonna smell like tobacco." Soubi stood and started shuffling for the door. Something soft hit the back of his head and he managed to grab it before it fell to the floor. A lump of cloth, a sweater.

"Wear something on top so you don't get sick, idiot." Soubi hesitantly slipped the sweater over his head, covering his lean torso as he continued out the door and onto the landing in front of his flat. He kept his head down as he smoked, arms resting against the rail on the landing. The other man joined him, one of Kio's coats on that he may or may not have nabbed. The silence was comfortable between them with the small snowflakes falling, but Soubi felt like he should apologize, which he usually never felt. As much as he didn't care for others, he didn't want (Y/n) to be mad at him. But he never got the chance.

"Soubi, I don't know what you've been through, and I don't want you to relive it explaining it to me. But what I want you to know, and to burn into your thoughts so you always remember it - I don't care what you come to me for. I'll always listen to you and help you as well as I can. I care for you, Soubi. Even if your attitude is horrible." The brunet bristled at that, and tensed even more when (Y/n) leaned against him and rested his head on Soubi's thin shoulder. He wasn't sure if this was romantic or just mixed messages, but it made his chest tight. He really hadn't expected anything like that from (Y/n), wholly feeling like (Y/n) only stayed around because Kio was too stubborn to leave. He pursed his lips, thinking hard about how him and (Y/n) met. It had been through Kio, mediated by Kio, and then their fight had been broken up by Kio (he wasn't a good mediator). And yet, even though (Y/n) would threaten to beat the snot out of him if he didn't take care of himself and bandage himself and his wounds properly, it was still care, Soubi supposed. Warm breath on his neck made him look down at the sleepy face on his shoulder.

"I know you probably don't want to hear it, Soubi. I can't fathom what in the world you've been through, but let's just put it aside for tonight, okay? My feet are going numb and I'd die to curl up in your bed right now." Soubi glanced down, noting with a strange feeling pricking at the back of his eyes that (Y/n) was barefoot and his toes were starting to turn blue.

"I'll take the couch then." (Y/n) rolled his eyes and squeezed Soubi's bicep, tugging him towards the house.

"Forget about that. Your air conditioning is abysmal, so I need my extra heater. I'm sure you need one too, no matter what you say." (Y/n) wouldn't budge and Soubi knew that, so he let himself be tugged inside, leaving his half smoked cigarette to be put out by the wet snow that just seemed to be coming down harder. Curling up with (Y/n) wasn't the same as curling up with Ritsuka, and heaven knows he never curled up with Seimei or Ritsu, but out of everything, (Y/n) was good enough. And that's all Soubi needed as he drifted away, vaguely feeling arms wrap around him.

______________________________________________________________________________

yall i would say yall should read loveless because its so damn good but i also know SOME OF YALL would call it a yaoi when it isn't. everybody who calls loveless a yaoi is stupid and doesn;t understand the circumstances under which Soubi was raised. Loveless is not a love story featuring a 22 yr old and a 12 yr old. Loveless is a story of a man who has been abused his entire life and his sole source of genuine affection is the 12 yr old that he expected to abuse him as well bc c'mon, it was seimei's little brother guys, and seimei is a psychopath