the cure

Jin Guangyao/Cultivator!Reader

[Fluff]

Source: 魔道祖师, The Untamed, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation
______________________________________

(Y/n) wasn't the most skilled cultivator, nor was his sect the most prominent. It was, actually, barely more than 100 people and covered a very small area. But he still went out of his way to help the people, even if nothing requiring a cultivator was needed. He was a very good cattle wrangler and weed puller. He was his sect's pride and joy, even if the majority (all) of them were country bumpkins. (Y/n) was nowhere close to the Twin Jades of GusuLan, or the Twin Prides of YunmengJiang, but he was his own little sunflower in his own right. So naturally, he'd be the one sent to the LanlingJin sect as representative for his sect.

He was nervous as he approached Koi Tower, his balance as he flew on his sword wavering a little as he lost focus for a split second. This place was HUGE! And so many stairs!  (Y/n) kind of wanted to run up all of them like a little kid, but a quick pat on his cheeks reminded him he wasn't here for fun. He was here for business. Hopping off his sword to walk up the stairs and bowing to the other esteemed guests, a small, excited smile sat on his face. His face wasn't very thick, so he surely did look like a naive fool, but he didn't quite care for intrigue. He'd rather win favor through honesty and his hard work.

The inside of Koi Tower was just as beautiful as the outside, and (Y/n) felt a little bit of stage fright as he walk through doorways. He could see Sect Leader Jiang and Zewu-jun-Lan Xichen- the older of the Twin Jades. They stood beside each other and conversed quietly, both making (Y/n)'s heart stutter slightly in his chest. The young cultivator laid a hand on his chest, trying to will away the heat that was rising from under his collar. There were so many beautiful cultivators here, each carrying themselves with signature poise and elegance. He looked around, trying to find anyone familiar. He doubted it though; no one he knew personally would be here. He took a deep breath and steeled himself, ready to make alliances with some other small sects, hoping they wouldn't be extremely cutthroat.

Resting against a wall away from the crowd, (Y/n) felt extremely tired. He hadn't even been here an hour and he was already prepared to take a nap. His head hurt from correcting his sentences to sound more formal and less like a country hick (he was! He couldn't help being one!) And so far, no luck with the alliances. Everyone wanted to know what good his sect could do- what could they do besides farm?! They weren't a militia, they weren't a powerhouse! He rested his forehead against the back of his hand, sighing a little to himself. What was he going to do? He had tuned out the chatter of everyone else, but a voice closer to him than most made him jump.

"Are you alright?" (Y/n) looked up to find a man not that much taller than him, wearing the peony motif robes of LanlingJin. He instantly straightened up his back and hastily bowed, not wanting to be rude. The other man just gave a slightly wider smile, eyes crinkling.

"Nervous?" (Y/n) patted down his own robes of nonexistent dust, biting his lower lip a little.

"Very. My clan has never been to one of these before," he muttered, forgetting that something as big as that could seriously cripple his sect's reputation. The man hummed in a polite manner. He could tell (Y/n) was new. Again, the youth's face wasn't very thick, and his conversation could use some work. The man stood beside (Y/n), the forthcoming smile never leaving his face. It made (Y/n) feel a lot better and he relaxed a little beside the other man.

"I feel very honored to be here in Lanling. Nobody in my sect gets to travel often unless it's to trade. But, truthfully, it is very overwhelming, and a little scary. With fighting and farming, everything is straightforward. I think living in my sect has made me stunted in the social aspect." The man chuckled lightly, his face growing a bit more cheerful than the plastered on smile he had put on for other esteemed guests. Naïveté was a breath of fresh air, but one that was quickly squandered.