| 14 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬

I glare forward at the stop light, becoming...frustrated. I don't know what has gotten into Mimi and what Leo said to him. Because to me he was absolutely perfect, stutter or no stutter.

Now we're driving to the mall, and I still haven't said a word. He's been acting off with me...it honestly hurt me deep down.

What did Leo say beforehand? Beyond the point of calling out his stuttering, what happened? Then for Louis to egg it on and say Mimi doesn't need me...only for him to not deny it. Why is it when I try to do nice things it always comes back to slap me in the face?

"Tr-Travis." Mimi says my name, and I nod in response. "I-I hope m-my...outfit looks...good. Wanted to do...something d-different."

I didn't even need to see because I already saw when he got in my car. He looked beautiful before, and he does now...but I don't know why he was changing himself. It was obvious, especially with the complete outfit and hair change.

"Whatever makes you happy." Is all I can say because I was just annoyed. He genuinely was pulling away from me and I didn't know why. I didn't mind helping him...I loved it.

He isn't a problem, and I don't know why he thinks he is. Not now...not ever.

"I-I was thinking."

"What is baby thinking?" I raise my eyebrow as I get closer to our destination.

"I-I-I want t-to know where y-you g-get your c-clothes." Mimi asks me curiously, leaning forward in his seat. "I-I am wondering b-b-because my clothes a-are not c-cool."

"So?" I say sharply, and I see him flinch. I look at him softly because I didn't mean to come off that way - that was my bad. "Sorry, but what's so bad about that. They were cute-."

"Th-That's t-the problem! They are c-cute. I c-c-can be cool." He nods quickly, adjusting his sweatband around his head.

Except I looked at him solemnly, soon seeing him look at me. His cheeks turning pink as he smiles shyly.

"W-What?"

"You already are cool Mimi..." I tell him honestly.

He just shakes his head fast as if I was lying. I didn't know what to do anymore because I really believed him to be cool and just...amazing. He doesn't need to be cool when he already is.

I just wish he believed that too.

"O-Of course y-you will say I'm c-cool. W-We're together, y-you have n-no choice."

"I do have a choice. If I didn't think you were cool why would I waste my time lying about it? It's dumb. I'm the most honest when it comes to you, and you're not believing that to be true." I face forward, parking the car in a parking spot.

We were now at the mall...a place I didn't think I'd be in again. With my...ex he liked to go here and buy things, but I know this isn't Mimi's thing.

There are multiple crowds and it's loud...crowded. I also feel like looking 'cool' isn't really his thing. None of this is really him and it honestly pisses me off.

What did Leo say to him to get him this way?

"I-I do b-believe you." Mimi mumbles quietly even though he wasn't believing me earlier when I called him cook.

"If that was the case you would've accepted me calling you cool and we leave here. Let's go somewhere you really like to go to. This isn't you baby, I know you and this isn't it-."

"I d-do like th-the mall!" He exclaims loudly for no reason. His chest puffs out some as if he was trying to make himself look bigger. "I just...h-have to g-get used t-t-to it. That's a-all!"

My Best Friends' Younger Brotherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें