| 27 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬

I stood at a distance beside my Coach, looking forward as I saw Mimi standing on the line with everybody else.

His eyes were full of determination because just like usual, for the tryouts we have them run just thirty. Since he's used to running one hundred now I could tell he thought this would be a breeze.

I glance down at Coach, and I saw him looking at me already.

"What?"

"You're watching him aren't you?" He raises his eyebrow, and I snort.

"Of course I am. I really hope he makes it. He's done so good...and has come so far. I've been waiting a long time for this. You have to admit he'd be a good point guard." I state to the Coach, and he nods. "You actually agree with me or are you trying to be nice?"

"I agree!" He laughs, but I didn't find this to be a laughing matter.

I really wanted him on this team. To think that if he was on we could leave school early together for games... Louis will be there too and I know we aren't the closest these days, but that'll be nice too.

It just works out perfectly.

Not to mention... I look over my shoulder at my practically empty bag. Had to remove everything out of it to put the surprise I bought Mimi inside. Not sure how he'll react...but I know since it's him - he'll love it.

"I believe he really will show his potential. There's no way he doesn't today...he's come far." I state adamantly with so much confidence. "It would kill me if he didn't make it because we both tried our everything...maybe he did more than me. He has to succeed, and I know he will."

I see Coach nod, and that's when we went towards the middle of the gym. That's when we actually stood before them and could see their expressions clearly.

Some were confident, many nervous, some even unusually cocky; but I glance at Mimi. I saw determination on his face that caused me to smile as I face forward.

"Don't get distracted." Coach warns, and that's when he clasps his hands together. "As a way to welcome some of you into what it could possibly be like to be on our team, I would like to see you guys run thirty laps around the gym with no stops. If you cannot do that I suggest you leave now."

I immediately saw Mimi look forward and behind to see if anyone would leave. No one would dare strike their pride in such a way. That'd just bring the mockers right onto themselves easily.

"Okay, then if there are no quitters, run the thirty laps." He makes them, and that's when I see Mimi rush forward.

I saw everyone run at a pace, but he was running easily because he was used to it now. There were even some trying to keep his pace probably so that a person of his stature and build wouldn't pass him up. Except I know that even if they did pass him Mimi would be just happy for them.

He was just that good of a person.

I look away now, suddenly being tossed a jersey. I look at Coach as he looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What is it this time? I'm not watching him." I state even though I was only...fifteen seconds ago. "Even if I was - which I am not saying I was, this is hypothetically speaking - it's only 'cause I like seeing him succeed. You should see his guards and dribbling now. Not to mention his passes are very good now, but I'd say that probably passing from behind him is his slight weakness that we're still working on-."

"Travis." Coach interrupts me with a smile growing on his face.

"Yes...?"

"You need to look at the things I give you before you start assuming." He chuckles as I frown at him, and I start to unravel it. That's when I saw Seo on the back of it. My eyes widening on him immediately.