| 53 | 𝙇𝙤𝙪𝙞𝙨

I stood at the airport by myself, frustration kicking in because my grandparents really came here. They are only going to make the situation worse for not only themselves, but our parents. It's ridiculous...the lengths they'll go to to try and prove to Mimi that they hold some form of power over him.

They need to just move on. He isn't a kid anymore, he's an adult who now has a baby. I'm coming here on a whim because Travis' mom actually messaged me. I was surprised considering I was told they didn't like me.

Now I was just waiting for them to appear. In my waiting, I see a familiar car pull up that I used to ride in with Travis and his siblings when we were younger. Brought back old memories...good ones too as they parked in front of me. I was waiting as I expected to see his mom or even his oldest sister, I didn't know if Diane could drive yet.

I hear the car door open and I look, flinching to see someone I've never seen before. Some guy walked before me as he held his phone, looking back at it, then at me.

"Are you Louis Seo?"

I nod, almost taken aback because this guy was attractive. He nodded at my suitcases then at the back of the car.

"You can just put your stuff in the trunk-."

"Wait, who are you?" I ask curiously, and he frowns.

"You don't remember me?" He asks me as if I was supposed to know who he was. "Travis' little cousin, Broderick? We played together at his tenth year birthday party? I was seven then. You probably won't remember because you were more close with Travis, I was just some little kid."

I found myself amazed because I remember him. He was some annoying little kid who always wanted someone's attention if Travis was in the spotlight. I remember thinking he was a brat and I think I called him one too back then. We were all quite young so.

"I remember you, yeah." I nod, and Broderick smiles. "You grew up...so I'm assuming your...seventeen now, right?"

He nods, and I look away.

Shit! He was a minor and I was over here looking at how good he looked!

"Yeah, I turn eighteen in a bit though. I try not to think of myself as seventeen because I am already doing adult things." He tells me, looking around a bit. "I don't live in LA, I live in Malibu; and those two places are way different from the other."

I have never been, but I probably would agree with him if I had been.

I grab my suitcase, looking away as I needed a distraction from my growing attraction towards this individual. Going to the trunk, I press the button so that it could go up. As I wait I see Broderick walking around to the driver's side, and go in. He wasn't the same height as Travis, but he was still tall. I'd say...6'4.

There must be something in their genes because everyone produced in their family is good looking! I am finding myself crushing on someone I haven't seen since I was nine or ten! He was just a little kid when I saw him and now he's huge!

I put my suitcase in the trunk, closing it. I go to the front and get in. Once I close the door Broderick was quick to drive off and onto the road. His expression told me he was bored even though we just spoke. There could always be us talking or just reminiscing on our childhood days.

Except he was just minding his business. I face forward now, wondering if I should try and speak to him. And...I did!

"Are you excited to see Primy?" I ask him, and I see him shrug. "You're not?"

"I mean, Travis has always had things go great for him. I'm not surprised he's gotten this. He has a kid now and my aunt and uncle bought him a house. He's about to get married to his boyfriend and he is about to go to a professional basketball team soon enough. His life is just perfect. I'd prefer...not to talk about that."