| 50 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬 + 𝙼𝚒𝚖𝚒

____few months later____

"I'm curious...are you possibly envious?"

I sit before Pete, my eyebrow raised on him as he asked that stupid question.

"Why would I be envious? And what would I be envious of?" I question him, seeing him nod beside me. That's when I look to see Mimi eating right next to me without a care in the world.

He already ate his plate and now he had my leftovers. I don't know what I could possibly be envious of. Besides him being so cute...

"I don't see why I'd be envious-."

"Because as a basketball player you have to watch what you eat. Watch out for your bodies to stay fit." He says mockingly, but before I can speak Mimi slammed his hand on the table.

We both look to see him have some crumbs on the edge of his lips, glaring at Pete.

"Basketball s-season is done for him. He can eat w-whatever he wants now. His metabolism is fast anyway, he w-won't get fat. You're just jealous." Mimi snaps at him, standing up as he practically revealed his large bump for us to see.

I grin up at him as he looks at me, cradling my face.

"I'm going to go p-pee, okay?" He grins softly at me, causing me to nod as I grin right back just as softly. That's when he walks around my seat, and I scoot some so that his bump doesn't hit anything.

As he almost skips away I face forward to see Pete really close to me. He wasn't even sitting as he leaned forward, smiling.

"Do you know when the baby will be born? Primy?"

"Um...I'm not sure. It should be very soon, why-?"

"Because the closer he gets to the due date he'll have to go to the hospital. He has a room and you've set a baby bag right?" He asks, and I shook my head. "Why not?!"

I saw the panic in his eyes and I wasn't exactly sure why.

"Because...the baby isn't here yet-."

"It doesn't matter! You want to be able to just grab it when he's about to have her! You don't want to rush the day of. It only makes things more difficult and complicated." He folds his arms, leaning back as he sat down. "You're such a newbie."

"I mean...sorry I don't have three other kids before this one to give me lessons on what to do," I mock him, "You're highly skilled right? You have kids?"

"No, silly, it's just common sense." He snorts, and I look away from him so that I don't say something I'll regret.

As I look back I see Mimi walking back, standing beside me instead of sitting in his chair. He wrapped his arm around my neck as he leaned forward. I ignore the fact that he was practically choking me, but it didn't hurt.

"While I was peeing I b-began to think...what if I had a boy instead o-of a girl?"

I frown at him, seeing Pete even look at him in confusion.

"Why? It's been confirmed that you're having a girl, our girl - Primy. Why bring this up now?" I ask him in confusion only for him to frown.

"I don't know. We h-have all 'girl' clothes, and I b-believe we're having a girl; but y-you never know." Mimi ran his hands over his belly, grinning at me. "I know we're having a girl. I w-was just testing you!"

I didn't get the test as he sits right in his seat now, smiling as he starts to eat more. I sigh as I lean into my hand and just check him out.

"You two just attract eyes wherever you go, huh?" Pete pouts, and I raise my eyebrow. "We're having lunch...and everyone is just looking over at you. They're so fascinated...and I'm not sure why."