| 62 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬

"Mommy why aren't you playing with me?!"

I look, seeing Florian tugging on Mimi's arm as he held Briar, trying to feed him. The panicked look in his eyes worried me as I rush over to him. Picking Florian up, he looked down at me in shock.

"You can play with me."

"No! I wanna play with mommy! He always play with Briar, it not fair!" He cries, trying to get out of my arms as he reaches for Mimi.

"I'm s-sorry. Briar is a newborn and he n-needs my full attention. When he goes to s-sleep, I'll play with you after daddy and I make dinner and we eat-."

"You say that yesterday and Briar woke up before we play! He's...he's doing this on purpose!" He whimpered, hugging my neck now as he hid his face in it. "Daddy I mad at mommy and Briar. He take him away from me."

I saw Mimi look heartbroken, his eyes diverting off of us quickly. If I didn't get this handled quickly I knew he would cry.

Primy was much more calmer when Florian was born, and still is with Briar. On occasion she'll want some attention, but most of the time as long as she's in our presences, she's fine.

Like right now as she sat beside Mimi, just staring down at Briar.

"Remember Briar," I walk over to them, crouching before Mimi's legs as I look down at Briar, "He's just a newborn. He was just brought into this world a few days ago. He needs our full attention more than ever. We were like this with you and Primy when you two were newborns."

"I not remember that." He mumbles, looking back forward at Mimi. "I just remember now. Briar a stealer of mommy!"

I already know that Mimi is exhausted. Briar is not as calm as the other two were. He's also the tiniest though. He was born on time too, and yet, he was quite a small baby. I don't know if his size has anything to do with it, but he can't be alone for too long.

Even if he's lain down, the longest he'll go sleeping by himself is three hours. With two other kids running around asking for attention too, it's not really a break at all.

I feel bad because I still have basketball and my practices. Mimi can't come with me and bring the kids anymore. Staying at home right now is the best call, but it's a lot on him.

"Briar needs me more r-right now, I'm s-s-sorry." Mimi whimpers, and I saw Primy glare at Florian now.

"You're making mommy sad, stop being mean to him!"

"I not! I am mean to Briar!" Florian pulled away from me, going towards Mimi's legs as he looked down at Briar.

Only for us all to gasp as he grabbed his arm, trying to pull him away. That action startled Briar and I pull Florian away, seeing Mimi look at him...angrily.

"Why did you do-?"

Now we all hear Briar start crying, Mimi lowering his head as now he would have to calm him down. Florian started crying now too since Mimi snapped at him. Primy was the only one who was calm and just caressed Briar's head, trying to soothe him.

"You know what?"

I take Briar from Mimi, standing up as he looked up at me in confusion.

"I will handle Briar right now. Florian, Primy, give mommy a break okay? Just let him get some quick sleep. He hasn't been able to really do that ever since Briar has come. Can you do that much? If you love mommy, you can." I smile at them, and Primy nodded surely.

Florian was the only one who was looking at Mimi. He had a pout on his face as Mimi rubbed his own eyes, looking like he was about to collapse to sleep on that couch.