| 25 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬

"You want me...to let you...have your boyfriend tag along with you during practice up until tryouts?"

I look down at Coach, nodding firmly. His eyes were blank on me because I knew I was asking a lot from him.

"I know it seems...like too much, but he wants to be on the team. It's all seriousness, I'm helping him get to the point of being a point guard. To replace Trayvon." I say outright and I saw Coach almost crack a smile.

He just looks at Mimi now who kind of his behind me. Half his body hidden, and half shown to him. He held the basketball I got him closely to his chest and I move to the side for coach to see him. Only for him to move with me.

"Mimi it's okay." I chuckle, and he doesn't say anything; but he does get from behind me. He stood before the Coach who's eyebrow raised.

I already knew why as he glances at me.

"If you do make it on the team, you will be the shortest person I think...in the whole varsity league-."

"I'm f-fine with that!" Mimi exclaims, bowing deeply before him as he extended his basketball forward. "I will sh-show you I can d-do this! My height will benefit me m-more than anything, and I will b-be better than Trayvon. I will show you...I might be Travis' boyfriend, b-but I won't distract your b-best player. We both are here for the b-better, to benefit not only each other; but the t-team. I promise."

I saw Coach look down at him with much respect within his eyes. I rest my hand on Mimi's back and he looks over at me, and I nod proudly. He stands up completely now and grins at him.

"Okay then, impress me as much as you just impressed me just now." He smiles down at Mimi who nodded excitedly.

Once he walks away I look Mimi who's eyes were set on the basketball. He looked so shocked until I wrap my arm around his shoulder.

"I'm proud of you. Now we practice when I have my basketball practices. That benefits you too, but...we have drills, you know." I inform him and he looks up at me with a frown.

"Drills? W-What do you mean?"

I smile awkwardly, and I look to see most of the team was here. One or two people missing, and I immediately noticed that Louis wasn't here. He doesn't know that Mimi will be here now, so I don't know why he's close to being late.

"I'm team captain and I enforce drills upon the team for exercise. Our first drill is to run around the whole court fifty times-.

"Fifty?!" Mimi cries out, and I nod. "That's...that's a lot Travis."

"It's usually one hundred, but since it's a Monday I don't push them that hard." I smile even bigger when I say that, seeing Mimi look at me like I lost my mind. "Don't worry, I'll run alongside you. Just try to do as much as you can. I'll if you need to tap out-."

"No t-tapping out! No way!" He shakes his head fast, and I grin at how cute he looked. "I will do my best!"

"Yes you will baby." I smile at him as I have him follow me to the middle of the court.

When we get there I saw panic cross through Trayvon's face when he saw Mimi. Him and his little group were quick to avoid even looking his way and that entertained me.

"Tryouts are coming up soon, they're this Thursday guys. We've all done as much as we can and it'd be a waste if you came to these practices just to not make it on the team." I mock them almost, noticing some of them look uncomfortable.

Many Trayvon's little group because I had something on them.

"Three days until then, so let's make it count by running fifty laps." I start, and they all start jogging to the outer lines.