| 33 | 𝙼𝚒𝚖𝚒

"So...?"

I stood crouched before Travis' bed, biting my lip curiously. I see him stare up at the ceiling with absolutely zero life. He soon glances over at me with this aggravated look.

"So what?"

"Is there anything you w-want to do? There's m-millions of options." I smile brightly, soon gripping my chin. "We can try r-real Chinese food - remember that? You said P-Panda Express, so silly."

Even though I reminded him he kept a stoic expression. He continued to stare up and I just sigh.

"I...I also have m-movies we can w-watch. Can just have fun here, t-together." I suggest as well. That didn't even cause him to falter at all.

It was like I was looking down at a statue at this point.

"I won't burden you with my presence. You and your tennis team seem close." He just tells me calmly, closing his eyes. "Probably should practice with them-."

"Travis."

I see his eyes open, but he didn't look at me. That's when I rush onto the bed and turn his face. He looks at me, but his eyes diverted.

"I want to sp-spend my time with y-you. I wanted to show off to y-you...impress you. Me asking you to come here wasn't s-so that you could become friends with mine. It's because I-."

"Missed me?" He raises his eyebrow, and I nod ecstatically. His eyebrow soon dropping as he just looked forward plainly. "Sure."

"I did!" I begin to pout at this point. He doesn't say anything as he still lays here. That's when I just lay beside him.

It wasn't nighttime, so I wouldn't be falling asleep. Except I turn to face him and saw him not turn to face me. My lips tighten together because I wanted to be close to him.

I was so dumb to think he'd come here and we'd kiss, hold one another - do all of that stuff. How stupid of me.

"How is y-your college life?" I ask him softly, continuing to watch him.

Travis shrugged, soon sitting up and I flinch when the blanket falls from his chest. Could see how much more muscle he had and his...chest was bigger. I remember I would always run my hands over it. He would let me do so how ever many times I wanted...

"It's fine. I do basketball with my team, we are very good - I believe the best-."

"I know you'd be the best. Y-You were always so good, better than everyone." I accidentally interrupted in so much excitement. He just looks down at me and I grin awkwardly. "S-Sorry, you say you don't have f-friends. Did you...ever try to have an relationships like...dating? Any flings?"

"What's with you and flings?" He snaps, and I see him sigh. "What about you? I couldn't maintain any kind of relationship, it hurts too much."

I shook my head fast, sitting up beside him now. I rest my hand on his chest and he looked down at it.

"I-I could never. That's why I w-wore this ring because in China if you have a ring o-on your middle-finger...it means you're e-engaged. I didn't want to be...bothered. I only want to be w-with you, f-for the rest of my life." I insist to him.

My eyes look into his now and he looked into mine. Except his didn't look at me the same way. They were restricted and just hard for no reason.

"This won't last...realistically speaking." He says, and I frown.

"W-Why do you say that?" I question him as he gets up.

"Because you are a citizen of China, right?"