| 42 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬

"It only gets harder...everyday." I groan, leaning my head against my steering wheel.

I look back, seeing Mimi and Louis' parents house. I knew they were home, their parents at least, because of their cars. Bet it's easier for them because now they don't have teenagers there, so I wonder if that makes them feel obliged to come back.

Like that makes sense.

I didn't tell Mimi I was visiting his parents. It feels wrong...to be here. I feel like I should face some repercussions, and I probably will. Just...I know Mimi would be happy if his parents were in on it...or would he?

Getting out of my car, I go to their front door. When I ring the doorbell I was expecting them to look through their blinds and ignore me. I wouldn't blame them considering what they did to separate us. Even though they knew damn well how we were with one another.

Except, to my surprise, the door opened. I see their dad look up at me in shock. He kind of looked taken aback by my presence, but I didn't care.

"Mind if I speak with you and your wife?" I ask him, and he looks off. "Is that a no-?"

"She's not here right now." He interrupts me, and I nod. "But you can speak with me."

I watch him step aside awkwardly and I let myself in. Once I was and he closes the door, I walk to their kitchen. Sitting at the island, I see his dad stand on the other side of the island instead of next to me.

I remember when I was here...and Mimi gave me a bottled water. He's so sweet...wonder where he got that from because his dad isn't doing anything.

"Look-."

"You're probably here to tell me off for how I treated Min-Jun, right?" He questions me, causing me to frown.

I wasn't planning on it, but he makes it seem like he did something other than separate us.

"No...I didn't come for that, but did you do something to him besides force us apart?" I question him, and his eyes widen.

I saw relief flash within his eyes, and he sighs peacefully, "Nothing of your concern-."

"I want to know now, what did you do?" I ask him, and found myself interrupting him. He glared at me but I could care less. "Mimi...wouldn't ever speak ill of his family, no matter how much I think he should and would absolutely advise him to do so."

I see his dad's eyes widen now, and I sit back in the seat.

"So...are you going to tell me what you did? You must really want me to know since you assumed I came here to speak on it-."

"I assumed incorrectly. There is no reason for me to talk about it if he didn't mention it to you." His dad shrugs, grinning. "He has always had such great respect."

I found myself annoyed, but I keep my calm as I fold my arms. It was hard...not to go off on him. I tried being nice to them because I know how to speak; but...it only gets harder when I learn what they do and did do to him on a daily basis.

"He has, had, and still does; but I will ask once more what you did to him. I'm just curious, I will stay calm. I won't be upset-."

"You can ask me all you want, but I won't say. It's family matters, it is none of your concern."  He mocks, and I found myself smirking.

"'Family', huh?" I mock back, seeing him raise an eyebrow. I began to see that his kindness before was all so fake. His kindness towards his son...when he came out, that could've quite possibly been genuine.

Except now that I am here before him alone I began to see that his family weren't nice at all. They will fake it for anything and then when comfortable or away from the public eye, they reveal their true selves.