| 38 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬 + 𝙼𝚒𝚖𝚒

I was surprised when I see Mimi throw his red envelope at the wall. I became startled as his eyes became like black pits.

He began to try and yank away from me, but I held him close.

"Mimi, Mimi what's going-."

"No..." Mimi interrupts me fast, and I frown at him.

"Mi-."

"No!" He shoved his hands at my chest and pushed hard. Trying to yank away, his eyes widened as he just breathed so heavily. "I t-t-try! M-M-My notebook, look!"

Mimi yanks away harshly now, and I see him go into his drawer. He rummages through it as if he was going through some type of cycle. I already could tell he was having a panic attack.

When he found the notebook he set it before me, flipping open the first page and I saw everything written in Mandarin. He looked down at it the whole time as he flipped through every page and it was the same thing.

Could see spots where his tears met the ink those years ago and it made it spill. My heart broke as he looked up at me, flipping to the second to last page.

"I wr-wrote a-a-all of it! Why d-do you s-s-still h-hate m-me! I'm t-trying m-my best!" He cries loudly, and I see him rush over and grab a pen. When he was about to write more I grab his hand, trying to stop him.

"Mimi stop-."

"Let g-go of m-me! I am t-trying!" He grabs his notebook and throws it at me. It smacking against my chest and that's when it hit me...

This felt very familiar.

He murmured aloud with no stuttering, letting me know that he's confident in his work.

As I waited for him to continue anything else, his eyes stayed glued to the paper. His grin slowly began to droop from his face as if he was losing perception of it all.

His skin became pale and his eyes began to widen suddenly.

"Mimi-?"

I feel him throw the notebook at me and I stood there in surprise, catching it before it hit the ground. Standing there perplexed, his eyes were racing around wildly as they scanned me. He looked like he was having a panic attack, not sure.

"Min-Jun." I say instead, and he shook his head wildly.

"I - I - I a-am sorry!" He cried, and bowed very deeply this time. I already could tell that he became lost in memory of the past... "I - I repeat, I - I a-am so-."

I shook my head, pulling him into my arms as I hugged him. I didn't want him to think I was judging or thought anything because of what I witnessed.

That's when it hit me. Back then, did he come upon a page of these...these lines and have a panic attack? I would believe that, one hundred percent.

Saying 'Mimi' isn't working, but when I said his actual name before it snapped him out of it...

"Min-Jun." I shout over his rambling, and I see him flinch. He looks at me and I could tell he wasn't fully there yet. "It's Travis, I am Travis, look at me."

I go towards him, grabbing his hand. Only for him to yank it away and look distraught.

"Wh-Why are y-y-you saying that? Tr-Travis...you're n-n-not Travis!" He cries, his eyes diverting off of me as he rushed to his desk.