1: the empress is sick

Jin go call for the for Wei Yanlin"

"Yes, your imperial majesty" 

The servant bowed then quickly left, the empress smiled at the thought of meet seeing his son. He was tired and was getting sick these days he feard his time was coming and therefore desires to spend his last with his son and husband, and after a while the servant returned.

"I'm sorry, your imperial majesty, but his highness said he is busy and therefore cannot come," the servant said with forehead on the floor.

Ning jie eyebrows furrow "did you tell him I was sick?" He asked, with a distinct sound of shock.

"Yes, your imperial majesty, but his highness said you'll get better soon" the servant answered obediently.

Ning jie didn't complain maybe he was right maybe he was overreacting and will get better.

"I-imperial mother"

Ning jie looked at the door and saw a little boy holding his hanfu shyly with his head down.

"What?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows upset.

"I heard you were sick" he asked meekly, he looked away a bit flustered.

"Yes, I'm not feeling well, so leave I don't need you bothering me".

The boy looked as if he wanted to say something,

"What?!" He asked annoyed

"Nothing" the boy ran out in fear

"Spineless child"

A few days passed.

*cough!*
*Cough!*
*COUGH!*

"Why has the lin lin and his majesty yet to visit?!" he asked bitterly

"I'm sorry, your imperial majesty but his imperial majesty is busy and his highness said that you'll get and will soon get better"

Ning Jie held in his anger as he threw up blood he was not getting better and they were not visiting.

"Imperial mother!" The child shouts in a panic

Ning jie looked at as he had many wild fruits in his arms and was rather dirty.

"You why are you not clean?" he asked coldly

"I am..... well I got these for you" he said placing his hand in the air

"You expect me to eat those dirty fruits go away *cough*"

Ning jie fall Jin helped him but instead of the child leaving he stayed in a corner watching his mother.

Two days later Ning Jie couldn't wait anymore and decided to visit them.

His face became red with anger, the emperor and Wei Yanlin causally sitting in the garden enjoying tea and talking as if he wasn't on his death bed. He was angry furious was his life meant nothing?!

Ning Jie bit his lip so hard blood started to pour down from it, but the pain he felt didn't matter.

"WEI ZIHAO!! WEI YANLIN!!"

The emperor turned around quickly to look at who psrson who shout his name with such malicious intent.

The son looked at the approaching sickly empress and express annoyance in his presence that disrupt their peace.

"Mother empress, you know it's treason to utter imperial father's name like that?!" Wei Yanlin scolds his mother.

"Shut up! shut up! you ungrateful son this your mother is sick and you dare not visit!!" Ning Jie yelled, unable to his back his anger.

"Your imperial majesty," Jin gently called in order to lessen the dispute.

"Shut up, Jin!"

Jin dropped kowtowing,

"And this is why you calls this Zhen's name in such way?" The emperor's tone was flat, it was neither high nor low and spoke with no emotions.

"You as well! you hurt this empress, wrong both of you, is this empress worth nothing?" He asked asked painfully

"Empress mother, your exaggerating you are fine, your so healthy that you dare disrespect imperial father do you crave attention that much shame on you!" The boy scolds him again.

"Bastard! you're no different from that bitch Ning yuan I regret taking you in"

"Ning Jie er!" The emperor cuts in as if not pleased with what the empress has to say.

"Go to hell both of you, I hate you both! I've put up with all this for too long. Both of you are the same unfaithful and ungrateful justthe same, I should have let the dog take you! I should have made you and Ning Yanlin go to hell together!"

The emperor raised from his seat as Wei Yanlin express sadness and approach him, looking as though he were ready to hit him. But before he could land a hit someone dragged him away everyone was shocked, then a small boy bowed heavily slapping his forehead on the floor so hard it was bleeding, this action shocked  Ning jie the little boy's head was on floor and his head was obvious bleeding very heavily.