13: man in fox mask

In the distant crowd a man watches wearing a white fox mask even as he watches this person breaks all four fingers of the 8 year old he didn't care.

Ning jie through the bawling boy on the ground as he held his fingers, disgusted that these bugs touched his bun's property he smashed the windmill and turned away walking Jin followed as they walked through the crowd.

The crowd surrounded the woman and son whispering about her not bothering to help the woman who was bleeding and heavily injured, Ning jie walked as everything seemed to become slow when passing a certain man in black wearing a white fox mask.

Ning jie squints his eyes when he couldn't see through the mask or the person's cultivation, this person was not normal and his guard was high.

The man in too watches Ning jie and could feel his hostility but said nothing after all he was sticking his nose in someone else's business.

Ning jie stop and turned to his bun.

"Hurry up we don't got all day" he said annoyed

Jin hurried to catch up to him as Jin passed the little bun onto him, Jianyu hugged his little bun then the bun saw the masked man.

"Mr. Where did you get that mask" Jianyu asked tilting his head

"You shouldn't talk to strangers" Ning jie said coldly

The bun nods obediently

"It was personally made" the man said

"......."

That atmosphere was cold and hostile.

"Mother can you have a mask like that for me as well plwease"

He asked cutely Ning jie gently blushed then clear his throat.

"Only because I smashed your windmill"

"Yeah!"

Ning jie turned to the man giving him a cold but respectful look.

"Excuse me sir but where had you made this mask"

"it's by old man feng"

Ning jie looked at him he really got that stubborn old man to make him something.

"I'm sorry but could you have him make one for my son"

The mask man looked at him a bit confused.

"Why not asked him personally?"

A nervous sweat falls down Ning jie's chin, of course he couldn't as the old man he is couldn't ask the old man he would rather go against the heavens than help him.

"Can you just do this gentleman a favor for his bun" Ning jie asked forced laughing

The man in the fox mask was obviously skeptical about this but he sigh and indulge the man.

"Fine when will we meet" the man in mask said

"Hmm 7 days time near by the tofu shop I'll come with money" Ning said

"Young miss old man's feng's mask aren't simple" he warns

Ofcourse Ning jie knows, remembering old man Feng's personality brings back memories and so the mischievous Ning jie can't he but chuckled nostalgically.

"Thank you mr?"

"Xie Li"

"Xie Li I'm chang min and this is my little bun Yu" Ning smiled

The man in the fox mask nods then turned looking at the sky in a distance.

"Chang min I must be going"

"Ofcourse I'm sorry for keeping gentleman Xie lin time" he said

The bowed slightly before Xie lin disappeared off in the crowd.

"Gentleman lin is quite attractive" Ning jie said

"Mother your imperial father's empress"

"Quiet you! Isn't this empress allowed to look at handsome men"

"My lady becareful"

"Hmp I won't after all the emperor won't do anything" Ning jie said throwing the child in the air while catching him.

It's true the emperor never punishes the empress to the point people says that the emperor doesn't want to acknowledge the the Empress's existence, Jin sigh in distress Ning jie looked at him and smiled.

"Don't worry Jin I have my bun and nothing else matters"

Jin nods bowing slightly then Ning snapped his fingers startled the bun and Jin.

"I have a perfect idea of what to do with that wench and nanny" Ning jie said

"Really"

"Ofcourse you think their punishment will be easy but first we need lots and lots of healing potions"

Jin foreshadows that the concubine will soon be begging for death soon and can't help but feel pity for them.