35: yin energy

It was now the next evening after spending the whole time cultivating they both decided to stop.

As Ning jie got up and stand he chuckled after having a nostalgic memory.

"Something the matter"

"It's just that I remember something when I first cultivated after spending the whole day sitting down in the same position my legs became numb and wobbly and I would often fall back then I hated cultivating because of the long boring sit" Ning jie said.

"Do you still hate it now?" The emperor asked

"No not really now that I think about Yuan used to carry me on her back and massage my legs to get the blood flowing I was the older one but she was more mature than me she was always looking after me" he said.

The emperor looked in Ning jie's glossy eyes pain was reflected in them the emperor got up to touch him but before he could Ning jie retreat.

"Ah it's getting late I'm going to bathe I haven't seen my baby all day" Ning jie said walking away

The emperor folded his fists

"Jie'er"

Ning jie paused then looked around

'You still call me such'

"Next week again"

"Your majesty it's best not doing it too often Gers have strong Yin energy and it's easier to become unbalanced than women with natural Yin energy which means if we do it often avoiding sex would be difficult" he said coldly.

The emperor nods understanding then turned

"Next months then"

Ning jie nods the emperor soon turned away leaving as the door closes Ning jie fell to his knees feeling an unnatural cold over his body he shivered from the chills.

"Jin! Jin! Jin!"

Soon Jin came running in then kowtow

"Your imperial majesty"

"Hot bath go make an hot bath" he orders

Jin hurried out the room room as Ning jie shivers from the slight cold.

Dual cultivation is mostly recommended by married couples or lovers one of the main reasons why is the yin and yang energy in each often becomes unbalanced when practicing women or Gers can die from the excruciating cold of the yin energy and men can die from the unbearable heat.

As a solution to both the men and their partners has sex to have the yang flowing from their bodies into their partners and yin from his partner's body into his.

Ning jie was soaking inside the bath he hadn't felt this cold in 5 years if they cultivate any longer it'll be extremely freezing as if one would die just like back then but than the heavens it's not that much and was still bearable.

"But still so cold" Ning jie whispers

The emperor was wondering if Ning jie was okay he did feel a tiny bit hotter than usual which was okay for him but what about jie should he check on his instincts telling him he should but the emperor was sweating right now he didn't want to disgust Jie'er with his filth so he should bath first.

After an hour long bath Ning jie felt a little better but still couldn't sleep because he was uneasy but his bun was already fast asleep within his bed with Bai Ling.

"It's no longer this Empress's bed anymore" Jie'er chuckled

Jie'er sit next to the window thinking back to the past, it was really a wonderful memory he had so many happy moments with Yuan that even now he still was not over the betrayal even after ending Yuan with his own hands he was still not at peace.

Ning jie loved Yuan she was someone irreplaceable to him he wished their paths didn't end the way it did but it ended even though he won the battle Yuan won the war she had the emperor's heart her son didn't care about him neither as an uncle and his mother was still delusional and in denial even him himself was in denial as well.

Ning jie sighed tirely why was he like this he turned and saw the door being moved it's strange he didn't sense any presence or heard any footsteps.