78: "No Ghost, Me"

Lei Qian Fan looked at Ning Jie who was cultivating, the cub was a fast learner, intellectual and talented. He sees a bright future if the cub should enter the immortal path. Maybe once he reaches immortal rank, he will take him into Tian as his adopted cub. 

But right now there is little time on this old foxes hand, he stands up straight it seems it's about time for him to go. He then flew off leaving Ning Jie to cultivate for himself.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The emperor who was wearing a mask snuck into the academy, still and and silent no one could see him as he was invisible to the eyes. 

Ning Jie after returning from his master was was feeling bored so he decided to prank one of the teachers by hiding rats in her drawers, he was recently punished unjustly after another student accused him of something he didn't do, it was a boring prank that was too dull for his taste but the teacher didn't understand so he shall show her his true taste. 

Just as he was about to place the rats down, it yanked out his slippery paws which was surprising. He looked at the rat flowing in the air then suddenly a plucking feeling came on his forehead. The rats disappeared.

"W-woah? Ah! My prank! Those rats are cool!" 

Ning Jie was ready to run and seek out the rats but suddenly bumped into something. Ning Jie fell back confused.

"An invisible wall?" 

Ning Jie got up to feel for the wall, it was not there but then he heard the squeaky sound of the rat and smiled. 

"Ha!" 

He went in that direction ready to grab it but it was futile. He realised his stupidity just might kill him one day, Ning Jie was about to fall when he felt something around his waist and he was not falling. 

"Silly" 

That was all Ning Jie heard before being put to stand once more, it took a while to process then Ning Jie realised.

"Ah-G-Ghost!" 

Ning Jie didn't wait two seconds before running out of the room at full speed. Ning Jie feared ghosts, when his father told him stories as a child he would sneak into his father's bedroom scared alongside with his little sister sleeping comfortably.

"Ghost! Ghost! There's a ghost!" 

Running aimlessly while yelling, everyone came out to look at who it was; thinking what pranks was the young master up to now. Seconds later a teacher came out to confront the young master but instead collided right into him. 

Watching him, the emperor, who felt terrible, decided to tell Ning Jie so he walked up to him, opening his mouth to speak. Feeling a breath at the back of his nape Ning Jie jumps up head butting the teacher who fell bit his tongue fiercely from the impact.

"It's haunting me!! Help!" 

Ning Jie, without care, started to run once more like a mad person. The emperor sighed, he made himself visible then started to chase Ning Jie. 

"Ghost! Ghost! Ghost!" 

Ning Jie stopped when suddenly a person jumped in front of him with his hand in front.

"No ghost" he said 

"G-ghost! W-where!" 

"No ghost, me" the emperor then point to himself 

"Y-your a ghost?!" Ning Jie's face was beginning to lose its colour.

"No, not a ghos-" 

Ning Jie was already passed out on the floor before the emperor finished his sentence. Sighing, the emperor removed his mask and picked up his upper body. He went on to tap his cheek to wake him up.

Ning Jie's brows furrowed as he felt light slapped on his cheek and he opened his eyes seeing a beautiful man in front of him.

"Ah, I see I have reached the heavens. It was a good life but too young" he said, closing his eyes.

"........" 

It took a while before Ning Jie Er recognized that long boring silence, he reopened them then smiled cheerily. "Your imperial majesty!" 

"Mn" 

Before Ning Jie could say anything else, Ning Yuan came huffing tirely. 

"Gege!" 

Ning Yuan ran up to Ning Jie, worried she felt his head when it was determined OK, so she hugged him tightly. "Don't worry gege I'll protect you from ghost just as we promised" 

Ning Jie was ready to panic again when the emperor said, "not ghost, me", the emperor said, showing the rat.

Ning Yuan looked at it blankly; she was not afraid of these things, to her they were but small innocent creatures. "Oh, your imperial majesty you really scare Jie er he really doesn't like those things" she said sweetly 

The emperor nods, "sorry" he apologies.

Ning Yuan was surprised at the soft tone of the emperor, she smiled softly as she looked at the emperor. The emperor looked at them and thought what a lovely pair of siblings though it was natural where he is from having loving and doting siblings like that was normal. 

A/n

I read chapter one the first line was "Jin, go call for Wei Yanlin"

Jie er did not call for the emperor.

Though it doesn't make the emperor better I'm just saying.

I'll be doing this to fill in some empty spots as I look over the details