26: Zheng Chi

A man with an umbrella sit at the table underneath the small shelter near by the lake soon Ning jie raised his hand putting up an array to block out all sounds.

"Countess Zheng Chi"

"Your imperial majesty"

Both smiled at each other Zheng Chi took up the cup with tea as he prepared to sip.

"Zheng Chi you said you once saw Yuan's grandmaster right?"

Before could sip the tea he paused then put it back down.

"Your imperial majesty may I inquire about why you are asking?" He said coldly but the fear was barely hidden

"I must know" Ning jie said

Zheng Chi's trembled.

"I've warned you back then I've told you so many times but you ignored me now look at what happened your imperial majesty it's too late to change anything so let's not talk about that it's very uncomfortable" he said.

Ning jie nods at lost for words just who in the hell was Yuan's grandmaster anyway.

Zheng Chi although is refer to as count/countess is the wife of general Tang Shen their relationship isn't well off their marriage was arranged by their families and lacks affection their relationship is rather respectful with each fulfilling their duties.

Tang Shen holds no affection for Zheng Chi but the same can not be said for him he likes the general but he doesn't chase after his affection and is okay just as they are.

Despite having this kind of mindset in their marriage it was fruitful with Zheng Chi having 4 kids even their marriage was more active than Ning jie's.

Ning jie wonders why did the emperor suddenly wanted to duo cultivate all of a sudden he was a mystery it was not that Ning jie wasn't tempted by the offer he was only human after all and he has only done it once and he did enjoy he wanted to do it again but that affectionate, magnificent night only happened once.

The first time Ning jie done it with the emperor he felt love and affection like he was the only one he wanted to feel like that again but since then the emperor avoided all intimacy with Ning jie and that made him felt inferior to Yuan.

After having tea and chat Zheng chi decided it was time to go home and as expected the general was not waiting for him.

Zheng Chi was 30 years old being 1 year older than Ning jie but looked plenty younger than most people younger than him he was know as one of the top flowers in this kingdom though he could never beat the actual Phoenix in this country the empress beauty the one everyone desires.

"Mother your back" his eldest son said

"Tang Jing"

He looked at his 12 old boy who was smiling welcoming they both walked inside and Tang Shen met him on the way they stand and stare at each other without breaking eye contact.

Tang Shen didn't really feel love towards this person but he was his family heir so he wasn't gonna disappoint his family but even after being married for 12 years his cold exterior hasn't changed and their relationship still remains respectful.

"Tang Jing why don't you return to your room won't you" he said coldly

"Yes mother"

He bowed then quickly leave the room.

"You've never been back so late on your outing" Tang Shen said

"I got carried away after all its been years since I've last spoken to my friend as a friend" he answered calmly.

The general didn't like his always so calm and down to earth behavior the only time that face of change was in bed where he seemed most vulnerable it was good yes but he wants to see it outside of the bedroom.

"What friend this was?"

"The empress"

To the general his wife was rather too boring for his taste he was obedient he didn't complain he was calm honest all things good to say but to the general he was rather boring.

If the general said he didn't like the dress he took it off and never wore it if the general asked for unreasonable demands he does it without a single bit of complaint or resistance it was annoying sometimes he wished his wife was a bit more like the empress.