6.1|Fitna Dil: Tamas 2.0|

The moon was shining to it's fullest. Stars were yet to adorn the bluish layer of the sky. The air smelled of the rain. It was one of those rare evenings when moonbow made its presence known to the enormous sky.

Asad was enjoying this fascinating sight on the terrace of the Naqvi mansion, waiting for a certain someone.

"Asad." He heard her excited voice, which instantly brought a smile on his lips.

He turned around to see a sight that could easily envy the magnificent moonbow.

Arwa.

"Arwa, spill the beans. What did you want to tell me?" He asked curiously. It wasn't Arwa's trait to make suspense, neither it was Asad's trait to be so impatient.

"Asad, I am nervous." She said with a pout.

"Is this what you wanted to tell me?" He asked, all ready to shout 'Are you crazy?'.

"No! I am nervous to tell you why I called you here."

"Arwa, just speak, that's all. It's not like you are going to propose me." He cracked one of his humourless jokes. He chuckled, but then noticed the spark in her brown eyes.

"What if I say I am proposing you?" Her smile was the enough evidence needed to know that she was serious.

"Arwa, if it's a joke then I swear I'll tell Nawaz Mamu about your prank."

"I am not joking. I love you, Asad." She held his arms.

And he quickly got out of her hold.

"Arwa---"

But before he could speak further, she put her hand on his lips.

"Shhh.... I don't want to hear your reply." She looked straight into his eyes and continued, "tomorrow I am going to New York and I just wanted to tell you about my feelings. Now put a smile and give me a hug."

And she removed her hand from his lips, leaving him in a dazed state.

"Hug me!" She whined.

Asad, with a confused expression, hugged her. Arwa felt relieved when he patted her head.

"Arwa."

"Hmm?"

"Leave your madness here, in this mansion. I won't mind killing you if you continued doing your crazy stunts in New York as well."

"Hmm, I'll wait for you to kill me." She retrieved from the hug and pulled his cheeks as if he was a five-year-old kid.

He frowned at her, but before he could even protest she was already out of his sight.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Asad!" A loud voice and a bone-crushing hug brought him back from his old memories.

And then he noticed that the 18-year-old Arwa who had proposed him is now a 25-year-old Arwa, who is hugging him like a five-year-old kid.

"I missed you." She said in a childish tone.

Oh, so she is still the same old crazy Arwa. He had expected her to get mature in these seven years. But Alas! Some things never change.

"I missed you too." He hugged her back.

"Then why you never came to meet me?"

"Because you never came to meet me."

"I was busy with my studies."