9.3|Aaira • Again|

The car halted in front of a luxurious building which was as high as the clouds in the sky. Anay immediately ran into the building to reach his apartment, not caring how much tired he was.

"Dina, how's Aaira?" He asked as soon as the servant opened the door and marched inside.

Dina visibly looked tense. Her old eyes looked a decade older than what he saw just a day before.

"Mr. Anay, she is resting in her room. But something is wrong with her. Last night, I heard her screaming. I opened her bedroom's door with the spare key you provided me. As I entered she said You want to kill her. That just a while ago you were gripping her neck. She was a crying mess."

Anay was shocked as hell. Previously she used to claim about how he seduced her or how he lied to her, but now she claims he wants to kill her.

He entered their room. Careful. She thinks he is a threat to her life. Which means Aaira too can be a threat to his life.

She was idly sitting on the bed, covered in a duvet and looking into the infinity.

"Aaira." His voice startled her.

She looked at him and clutched the duvet. Her eyes already heating up and turning red due to fear.

At that time Anay realised how tired he was. Not because of jet lag, because he was restless.

Whatever problem Aaira had, it was impacting him as well. He needs to find it out or he will get mad just like her.

He sighed. If he moved closer to her she will panic. How cruel fate can be, he can't even calm down his wife because in a mysterious way he is the reason of her fear.

Tears of helplessness moistened his eyes. He wiped them but couldn't hide them from her.

He sat on the couch placed opposite to the bed and kept looking at her.

Aaira felt guilty. But what she could do? Last night it was him who attacked her, who tried to kill her.

Previous night, when Dina entered the room, all of a sudden he disappeared into the thin air, as if he was never present in the room.

It happened all those times when Anay did something unusual and then denied those happenings.

What if he was right all those times?

What if he never did those unusual things, that were out of his character?

He was very unromantic, someone who struggles to express his love.

Maybe all those surprising romantic moments were something else.

Something strange. Something mysterious. Something she doesn't know.

Maybe a hallucination?

"Anay..." She cried out and the very moment he moved to her side, comforting her with his warmth.

She hugged him, feeling safe in his arms.

This man could never hurt her.

"Anay, what's happening with me? I'll get mad. Please, save me."

She was getting mad, to a point where death seems a reward.

"Aaira, we'll do something. I am here for you."

"I am sorry. I trouble you a lot."

"Aye, we are made to trouble each other." He smiled and caressed her hair, kissing her forehead.

"What about your business trip? You told it was a month long."

"I cancelled my trip." His tone clearly told he didn't matter to him. His wife was more important.