10.0|You Are Beautiful|

Once upon a time,

There was a beautiful kingdom, Khwahish.

Khwahish was known for its beauty. This kingdom was blessed by Mother Nature. It had icy mountains, unending rainforests, cool beaches and hot deserts. A beautiful kingdom of beautiful people filled with beautiful wonders.

This kingdom witnessed a beautiful love story. The love story of the Crown Prince, Rajvir.

Rajvir was an excellent warrior, genius mathematician and a handsome young man, who soon turned into a ruler, who ruled over his people's hearts.

His father, the King, died in a battle, after which Rajvir was crowned as the King of Khwahish.

And soon he got married to the two daughters of the ruler of an ally kingdom.

Devika & Shivika

Devika and Shivika were sisters. The only difference was that their mothers were different, not one. They were stepsisters. But both the sisters loved each other.

Devika was a very beautiful young lady. She was blessed by the Goddess of Youth. She was the most beautiful lady alive at that time. But she was a beauty without brain. She was so proud of her beauty that she always ignored studies, home science and martial arts. Because she used to think, she is born perfect. But she was not.

Shivika was an ordinary looking girl. A girl who cannot be called beautiful. She was a brown-skinned girl, who had dark circles beneath her eyes and had wrinkles and dark spots on her skin. But she had a beautiful soul. She was really well in studies, home science and martial arts. Because she knew, Beauty gets the attention, Personality gets the heart.

Rajvir was totally smitten by Devika's beauty. He felt really lucky to get such a beautiful wife. When it comes to Shivika, he was not so impressed, or I say, happy. The reason, she was not beautiful.

He would spend his whole time with Devika, totally ignoring his second wife. But Shivika had no problem with it. Since childhood she was facing such ignorance.

She had seen her mother finding different-different ways to make her daughter look beautiful. But nothing worked.

Shivika never had any problem with her looks. However when she would find others making fun of her by calling her ugly princess, it hurt a lot.

What is her fault in it that she is not beautiful?

She learnt to ignore the negativity around her and created a positive personality of herself. She was beautiful by heart.

The Queen Mother was not happy with Rajvir for discriminating between his wives. She was not fond of any of her daughter-in-law. But she believed, Rajvir should treat his wives equally.

Her elder sister suicide, because her husband insulted her for not being beautiful. And she could never forgot her sister's death.

That is why she always taught her son to not judge others by their outer beauty. But perhaps Rajvir forgot those teachings with the passing time while being surrounded by beauty.

On his mother's insistence Rajvir decided that he will spend one night in Devika's chamber and the next night in Shivika's chamber. After the marriage he had rarely met Shivika. He was too busy with Devika to notice her presence in his life.

Shivika was not at all effected by her husband's ignorance. She was really happy with her books. Books were her first love and she had no mood to have any second love.

A full-moon night, Rajvir silently entered Shivika's chamber. He did not let the lady standing outside announce his arrival. He wanted to know what his not-so-beautiful wife was doing.