8.4|Fidaa: Their fears|

The whole Irfani Haveli was decorated in the contrast of golden and silver. It looked no less than a royal palace, and for the villagers it truly was a royal palace. They always wondered how's the life inside the Haveli. Men would be spending their time riding horses, playing chess and spending quality time with their family. And women must be living the life of queens, no work, no burden, and lots of luxuries. The kids of the family must be fortunate. They don't need to work hard for themselves, they already had everything on golden platter.

No.

Men of the Haveli work day and night, not caring about food or proper sleep. They hardly get time for their family. Women of the Haveli work like other normal housewives, they don't get Sundays off. They work without salary, yet get no appreciation, just like other housewives. And the kids of the Haveli, their life is like a prison. The moment they were born, their future was decided. Aziz will be the heir, Kauser will get married to him, Kaysan will be the second in command, Shafaq will get married to him. The elders had everything in their minds.

But life doesn't run according to any time-table planned by us. It has it's own mood and mind. We are mere puppets and the one holding our strings is the real mastermind behind the play called life.

The same happened with the Irfani family.

Ten years ago, when Bisma Nawazuddin Irfani was dying, she expressed her wish of getting her beloved grandchildren Aziz and Kauser married. Everyone agreed, she was on the verge of her death, they had to do so. They didn't knew that Aziz loved Fida, or that Aziz is not the ideal partner for Kauser.

But now when they knew, they couldn't ruin their kids' life for a hasty promise. Some promises are better broken if they break hearts.

And that's how Aziz Irfani got married to Fida.

Their marriage was no less than a controversy among the villagers. Everyone knew that Aziz and Kauser are engaged and will get married someday. Then why now Aziz married Fida.

Fida, who?

The one whose mother worked as a maid in the Haveli?

The one whose father used to roam in the streets in a drunken state?

The one whose mother mixed poison in their food one night?

Oh, she was that Fida whose parents died after eating poisonous dinner.

She was also destined to die if Aziz didn't rush to hospital with her dying form.

🤍🤍🤍

Aziz entered his bedroom, wearing a golden Sherwani he resembled a lion. While his bride was sitting on the bed, waiting for him, looking like a moon in the shades of gold.

Aziz's eyes were shining with love and ecstasy. He sat in front of her, and kept looking at the moon-faced beauty who was now his wife.

She didn't look at him. Her arms were clutched to her knees. She was nervous, every girl will be.

Aziz tensed as a tear fell on her cheek.

"Fida, ro kyun rahi ho?" He put his hand under her chin, making her look directly at him.

More tears escaped her eyes, ruining her makeup.

Leaving her chin, he held her both hands gently.

"Fida, kya hua? Kisi ne kuch kaha?"

She shook her head in a No.

"Uncomfortable feel kar rahi ho?"

She nodded in a Yes.