° 2

"you're not wearing that are you?" Mabel asked when she entered her room, looking at the dress Astraea picked.

Astraea's hand slides over the fabric of her dress. This is the only party dress she has since she's not a party person but How could she be a party person when no one wanted her at the parties?

"What's wrong with my dress?"

Mabel chuckles and walks over to her "It's so long, it looks like you're going to prom." she snatches the dress and places it on Astraea's bed "What about I go to the store and buy you one." she offers and Astraea rolled her eyes.

"You don't need to." Astraea argued but Mabel didn't listen, there's no way she would let her daughter attend a party wearing a ridiculous dress, she doesn't want to be the main gossip of the others "See you tomorrow." Mabel said before she closed the door behind her.

"Do you want me to help you?" Mabel asked and put her hands on Astraea's shoulder "Sure, Mom but just a little eyeliner

"Do you want me to help you?" Mabel asked and put her hands on Astraea's shoulder "Sure, Mom but just a little eyeliner." Astraea smiled.

After Mabel is done, Astraea looks at
the mirror again. Mabel looks at her and smiles, she holds her face, then, let go of it.

Later that day, Embry and Quil come over to Astraea's house to pick her up. "I thought you didn't want to come to the party." Embry grinned "You know Mom." Astraea said with a small smile.

Quil walked to them "Hello." he said with a flirty tone "Ateara, stop flirting with my daughter." Mabel said and stood by the doorway. Quil looks down and apologizes "Sorry, Aunty Mabel. We should get going." Quil said, avoiding Mabel's gaze and walking towards the car.

Astraea opens the door and hops in the back seat. Embry starts the car and drives. "Quil, remember what our mission is," he said and looked over at me by the mirror "Protect Astraea at all cost," Quil said and Astraea laughed.

Even though Quil is always flirty, he's a good guy. You could trust him with all your heart.

 You could trust him with all your heart

"There are so many people here." Astraea gulped.

"you sound claustrophobic or anthropophobia," Embry said, slamming the car door. Quil gets out of the car and follows them.

She watched multiple people dance, drink, and even make out. Astraea signals Embry that she needs to get water. "Don't go anywhere, alright?" Embry said and she nodded as Embry released her wrist.

"Hey, can I get water?" Astraea asks the bartender. She didn't even know if he was a bartender "You sure? Everyone here drinks tequila or beer but you want water sure." he gave her the water. She thanked him and left.

She grabs her phone from her bag and texts Mabel.

Astraea O'Dell
This party wasn't fun at all

Mabel O'Dell
Try to enjoy It, don't be so dramatic.

The next thing she knew, she bumped into somebody, causing her to fall onto her back "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking," Astraea apologized as she pulled herself up together.

Astraea looked up and saw Paul Lahote gazing down at her. He looks at her, the corner of his lips lifting slightly but he doesn't say a word. He looked at her like there was something in her worth looking at.

"What are you looking at?" Astraea asked as she furrowed her eyebrows and rolled her eyes at him.

He was about to say something but he was cut off by Embry "Come on." he pulled her towards him.

Astraea rolled her eyes "Embry, slow down!" Astraea yelled at him and punched him "What are you doing with him?" Embry asked, Astraea could see he was annoyed "You know what kind of guy Paul Lahote is and his reputation about girls, right?" He told her and she nodded.

"I saw how he looks at you, Astraea!" Embry shouted he had to not because he wanted to, it was because the music was too loud. The only way Astraea could hear him was if he shouted.

"I don't want him to mess with you. Tell me if he did. You're my sister, Astraea. Even we're not blood-related." Embry said, his eyes still fixed on Astraea.

"What are you guys chit-chatting about?" Quil, who had just come back from saying hi to another friend from La Push, asked.

"Nothing," Astraea responded.