° 9

"Astraea, take this to Billy." Mabel said as she put the freshly baked cupcakes on the dining table "Why?" Astraea asked "He likes it." Mabel replied,

"Sure." Astraea mumbles as she gets off the couch "Don't use your bike, walk, you're getting fat." Mabel said before she went back to the kitchen. Astraea said nothing grabbed the food at the dining table and walked out of the house.

"Astraea dear, have you seen my cat?" Mrs. Martin, the old lady next door asked while she watered her plants "No, Mrs. Martin. But, I let you know if I do." Astraea said as she walked passed her house.

While walking, A reddish-orange truck slow down to her side

"Astraea, are you going to Jake's house?" Bella shouted as she rolled down the window "Yes." Astraea respond.

"You're going to see Jake?" Bella asked.

"No, my mom wants me to give this to Billy." She doesn't want to see him anymore, and it looks like he doesn't want to see her too. If he manages to ignore Bella, he can easily push away Astraea.

"Want a ride?" Bella offered "Sure." Astraea hesitates but still says yes, she doesn't trust Bella much, she doesn't trust her at all "Why are you walking?" Bella asked as Astraea closed the door.

"It's like an exercise to me and you know, take my mind off things."

"he went to my house last night,"  Bella spoke "Really? What did he say" Astraea asked, like she cared "About the cold ones."

"I'm sure you know it, you're from here," Bella added and Astraea nodded.

"It's true." Astraea said, "How do you know?" Bella asked "The Cullen's, Bella. I know you know about them." Astraea said as she laughed.

"Could you tell me about the cold ones or the Cullen again?" Bella asked "I'm just going to tell you about the Cullen's because it's shorter." Astraea chuckled.

"Jacob's great-grandparents found them hunting on our land and well, basically our great-grandparents." Astraea began

"He made a treaty with them. if they promised to stay on Quileute land, then they or we wouldn't be exposed to what they were to the people."

"And you know what's the exciting part of the story?"

"Quileute are supposedly descended from wolves." Astraea laughed, Bella stared at her for a moment before she fixed her eyes on the road "I remember that." Bella responds, before making a turn.

"We're here." Bella pulled up in the driveway.

Bella hops out and starts knocking on the door.

"Hi, Billy." Astraea waved at him "You okay? Sorry about her. She's worried about Jacob,"

"I understand," Billy responded. When Astraea is sure that Billy is okay, she continues her way through Jacob's room "Sorry for the trouble." Astraea said, "Here, Mom said you like it." She added and put the food on the counter "I'll talk to you later." Astraea said as she walked past Billy.

"Great, he's sleeping. You should just wait for him. I'm just gonna talk to Billy." But before Astraea couldn't leave, Bella stopped her "One question, Bella. what did you do when Edw—" she was interrupted as always "They're here." Bella said.

"Bella, don't. You're just gonna waste your time." Astraea said, "They're not worthy of your time." She added but Bella continued to walk.

"Drama is life," Astraea muttered before she went after Bella.

"Sometimes, I want to smack you in the face," Astraea said, loud enough for Bella to hear but, Bella didn't listen to her instead Bella continued to walk towards the guys.

Astraea didn't stop her, she just watched as Bella argued with Sam, if she just brought popcorn, she would have loved it. It's like she's watching at the movie theater.

"Oh, my." Astraea mumbles as she watches Bella punch Paul "Brave of her." If it's not just embarrassing, she would clap her hand at Bella. She wasn't angry, That asshole deserves it.

"Okay, this is not good," Renee said when she saw Paul start shaking.

"Bella. I think that's enough." Astraea said and grabbed her hand and pulled her away from them, then Bella yelped.

"what the hell?" Astraea says.
Paul just turned into a giant wolf. Okay, this is not good. Astraea said to herself.

"Bella!" Jake yelled "Jake run! run!" Bella screamed as she ran for her life. "Just Bella? For heaven's sake, we have been friends for 16 years!" Astraea shouted in a quiet tone.

"Paul," Sam said but the two dogs didn't stop. Sam watches the two dogs roll down to the woods while biting each other.

"Take them to Emily," Sam said.

"Guess the wolf's out of the bag now," Embry said as Jared helped Bella stand up. "You better drive," Astraea said to Bella and started walking towards the truck. Astraea sits in the front passenger seat and the two boys are at the back.

"Jake just turned into a huge wolf," Bella said in mixed amusement and shock, keeping it hard for her to focus on the road because she was always glancing at Astraea to check on her.

"I know. I was there too remember?" Astraea rolled her eyes and Bella immediately shut up, unsure if she should continue talking even though en was she sensing that Astraea was in a good mood "And watch the road." Astraea added.

"Uh, What were you saying earlier before I went outside and you know, punched the guy." Bella reminded her about their unfinished conversation earlier "I can't say it right now." Astraea answered.

"Why not?" Bella asked.

"Because someone is listening to us." Astraea looked at the back by the mirror and saw Embry and Jared look away when she said someone was listening to them. The rest of the ride is quiet, Jared and Embry guide Bella to this Emily girl's house.