° 8

The sky is gray, the road is slippery

And, Astraea decided to go outside, she figured out she needs to talk to Jacob. And because she still doesn't have a car, she rode her bike.

that was what she and her best friend used to do when it was raining, riding their bike. But, now it's just her. Quil couldn't come with her because of a personal matter. She wasn't upset about it, she knew if it wasn't a serious matter, he would come with her. He always has her back.

Astraea doesn't know what happened to Jacob, he seems like he was avoiding her, She couldn't ask Billy because she felt that every time she call, Billy is avoiding all her questions.

Even though she's annoyed with how Jacob act, he is still her best friend. The boy, she grew up with. She just wished he didn't turn what Embry became. She doesn't need another friend to lose.

While pedalling, Astraea saw a reddish-orange truck behind her, it was familiar to her, it's like she saw it somewhere, then, she realizes who is the driver, it was Bella swan. Astraea assume that she was going to Jacob's house because why would she go here alone? She doesn't have any friends here. Does she have a friend other than Jacob? Astraea thought.

She always saw Bella as a weird and shy gal, who doesn't socialize much.
Although Astraea didn't like her much, she felt bad for Bella, Jacob mentioned to Astraea about what happened to Bella and Edward Cullen, and Astraea doesn't know what to feel, She and Edward is friends and Edward isn't the type of guy that will leave you for a dumb reason. But, maybe she doesn't know him that much.

The time she arrive at Jacob's house, she saw someone, A unfamiliar man. Tall, maybe five eleven, short hair, muscular and shirtless.

Astraea was about to call him when she saw his tattoo on his shoulder, the same tattoo Paul and Embry had. she stop her bike near enough to the man to see who it was.

"What the hell," Astraea said as she dropped her bike to the ground. Before she could say more the reddish-orange truck pulled over.

Astraea didn't bother to walk closer to him, as if he's gonna talk to her.

"Jake!" Bella screamed as she walked toward Jacob "I thought you were too sick to come outside or pick up the phone when I call." Bella said but Jacob just stared at her.

Astraea just stared at them the whole time. Jacob didn't even look at her, it's like they never noticed her. She grabbed her bike and started walking away, tears coming out of her eyes.

He's not sick, He's just avoiding her. Like what Embry did. They all do the same. First Paul then, Embry, and now Jacob. Who's next? Quil? Astraea asked herself.

She didn't notice that she was crying, must be because of the rain.

Astraea knows people change, but what dumb reason do her best friends have that they ignore her.