° 10

"Oh, hey, about Emily, don't stare at her, it bugs sam," Embry said as he go inside the house. ''Why would I stare?'' Bella turned towards Astraea ''who's Emily?'' Bella asked ''that's what you're about to find out.'' Astraea answered.

"You should go inside," Astraea said as she sit on the chair on the porch. She doesn't want to go near Embry, it annoys her. She stayed on the porch while Bella talked to the people inside. A few minutes later, Sam came back with paul and Jacob. In the corner of her eye, she saw sam glance at her before he go inside. Paul and Jacob walk together as they pushed each other playfully.

"Astraea, me and Jacob will leave for a moment to talk," Bella said and didn't give Astraea time to answer.

"You gotta be kidding me."

She's silently cursing Bella right now for leaving her.

She didn't like Sam because of what he did to Leah. Leah is one of her childhood friends of Astraea. She and Jared aren't close. She's angry at Embry. She and Paul aren't talking much to each other.

"Hey, Astraea" Astraea heard Embry's voice "Did I allow you to talk? No, so shut up." Astraea is still pissed about the whole ignoring thing.

"Astraea, let's talk." Embry said and slowly sit down beside her "Talk about what?" Astraea snarled as she move away from him

"How you chose to ignore me and made me worried?" She scoffed "It's dangerous if I talk to you." He explained though he's not really explaining anything.

"But at least text me!" Embry look at Astraea, who's close to tears right now because of anger.

"Okay, I'm sorry!" The look on Embry's face, He's frustrated about this whole situation, he's been friends with Astraea since they were young but until now, he can't figure out how to calm her down

"Doesn't even look sincere," Astraea said as she rolled her eyes "I was ready to talk to you after Paul found you in the woods" Embry explained, trying his best to make Astraea listen to him. But after what he's done, would she?

"I just didn't because I know how angry you are."

"You're such a kitten." Astraea scoffed and start walking away to follow Bella and jake. She doesn't care if they needed space, she needs to get away from them as quickly as she can.

"I'll talk to her," Paul said to Embry as he followed Astraea

"Astraea," Paul said in a calm tone as he catch up with her. "What?!" Astraea snarled.

"Woah, calm down." Paul raised his hands in the air, if Astraea is a lion, she probably rips his head by now.

"Could you stop acting as if nothing happens?!" She shouted at his face before turning her back on him. "Calm down, love," Paul said, little did Astraea know, Paul is smiling instead of worrying. Paul knows her very much. Astraea is like a kid throwing a tantrum but when you gave her candy and do whatever she wants you to do, she will calm down.

"Shut the hell up and can you stop acting as if nothing happened," Astraea said and turn around to face Paul

"Let's talk—" "Over my dead body." Astraea interrupted "Stop it, love." Paul begged he knows they will never fix this if Astraea continue to be angry at them but who could blame her? She never got an explanation and then it's like she's being asked to act as if nothing happens and something's not wrong.

There's one thing about Astraea that people don't know about or maybe Astraea herself doesn't know about it. She loves Paul. She could ignore him whenever she wants but she can't be mad at him forever, she knows it.

"Paul, do you even see what's happening?" Astraea asked, she's exhausted because it's fucking exhausting.

"Yes," Paul answered, "yet you act like you don't." She said "We're not children anymore, grow up"

"Astraea, you need to fix your relationship with Embry and Jacob."

"Then, explain a reason why!" Astraea snapped "It's Embry the one you should talk to." Paul told her, "Fine." She said in annoyance.

"I will call him then."

"Hey," Embry spoke, "Start talking because the time is ticking."

"You see what happened to Emily?" She doesn't understand why Emily's involved because Emily has obviously nothing to do about what's happening to them "Obviously."

"It was sam who did it." Embry told her jaw almost dropping, Astraea look at him in pure surprise "What?"

"You see what happened to paul when Bella provoke him?" Embry asked
"I have eyes," Astraea mentioned as she point her eyes.

"Just making sure." She glared at him.

"Of course, you know what happened between Leah and Sam. When Emily confronts him, sam lost control and shifts. then, accidentally wounded her face resulting in that big scar on her face"

"Shapeshifter is a very dangerous creature, Astraea"

"When we lost control, we can kill especially if it's not our imprint"

"What is an imprint?" Astraea asked

"It's paul who should tell you what is it"

"So, we're besties again?"

"Probably"

"I knew you can't ignore and stay mad at me forever." Embry grinned as he hug her best friend tightly. "Stop hugging me, could you?"

"Sorry." Embry scratches the back of his neck, his smile is still plastered on his face.

"I'm gonna call Paul," Embry said before he went back to Emily's house.

Astraea felt like everything is gonna be okay now, she got her best friends again and this time, she finally heard their side. Now, it's Paul's time.

"So, you and Embry okay now?" Paul asked, his presence shocking Astraea, she didn't hear his footstep, and maybe because of how loud the waves are.

"You scared the shit out of me" she complained "sorry." Paul laughed.

"You and Embry okay now?" He asked for the second time "Yeah" Astraea answered, her eyes focused on the ocean "So we are now?" He mumble to the point Astraea barely heard him "you got a big head, Mr. Lahote" Paul chuckled "So we're not."

"Not, until you tell what is an imprint," Astraea said, her hand on her chest. "Ah, sure" he whispered, "It's a wolf thing. It's our way to find our soulmate" he explained as they looked together at the sea "Oh, that's cute." Astraea laughed, she's such a big fan of romance.

"So are we okay now?" Paul asked, shifting his gaze to Astraea "Yeah, I think so." She answered.

"If you're thinking about hugging me, don't," she said when she noticed his grin "So, I'm your boyfriend again?"

"Probably." Astraea shrugged.

"Paul, Embry said what happened to sam and Emily. Is that the reason you stay away from me?" She asked as she look at him deeply in the eye, in this way, Paul would never lie to her.

"Yeah." He answered "I understand." she smiled at him as Paul decided to wrap his arms around her.